RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #1

2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid with the bigger generator

Here is TFL Truck giving a demonstration with two horse trailers with living quarters. Not sure why 2 trailers are plugged in but again, this is a demonstration. I think a pretty good demo.

https://youtu.be/gz4PHOZJhgA
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #2

A few things surprised me. Seems the truck will shut off if no power is needed. That is really good, less idle time. A $1,800 option seems reasonable to me. Plus you get the nifty displays for two connections. I thought that was cool with the wattage readouts.

And 7,200 watts is serious power.

This would have been extra handy for my use. Like the cold weather now I was traveling from Ohio to Florida in December. I stopped in a rest area to sleep. But the furnace drained my battery and I woke up cold at 3:00am. I had no way to charge the battery so I got in the truck to get warm.

Not sure about trusting rest stop people with my 30 amp copper cable??
Old 12-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #3

Nice feature but it surely cost a small fortune to fix if there is something wrong. Hope it doesn’t require to lift the cab. I’ll stick with a portable 3000W inverter generator for now until I develop a big retirement account.

Most people who would pay $80k for a 1/2 ton probably won’t spend too many nights boondocking. Or their premium travel trailer would have an onboard Cummins. Would be great for someone towing a freezer trailer transporting seafood.
nicky8668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:05 AM   #4

Another video showing more items plugged in. Interesting to me is how this truck can power electric equipment and then an electric BMW.

A 7,000 watt Honda generator will cost a lot more than this $1,800 option to have 7,200 watts of power in the Ford.

I can see this being handy in a pinch like boondocking, doing a bit of construction or showing off.

https://youtu.be/EEIN6-cVLRg

Tags
ford, generator