Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #1

Another "Can I get my trailer up this hill" thread (pics included)

Hello all, I am in the process of purchasing a property that I will be parking my trailer on. The location is up a one-lane gravel road with a mild curve. The biggest complication is that, the trailer will need to be backed in if we ever want to get it back out again.

The trailer is a little over 10,000 lb (estimate). It is 26' long, bumper pull. I've included some pictures and a link to a video of me driving up it.

I am hiring someone to move it up there. That person will be well versed in trailer pulling. I will be doing some work to the road beforehand to smooth out some of the ruts.

Basically, I want to know how possible this is/what it will take. My hunch is that it is possible, but will be stressful..

Thank you!

Video:
https://youtu.be/CmpYajEaFvA

Aerial shot:
https://ibb.co/Q8T22Zq
MistyMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #2

That doesnt look too bad but the video could be deceptive. If it proves to be too hard try a tractor or a bucket loader.
Scott 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:15 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A couple of things, any way to build a turn around/loop at the property? Second, maybe a receiver hitch on the front go your truck.
Teakmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakmtn View Post
A couple of things, any way to build a turn around/loop at the property? Second, maybe a receiver hitch on the front go your truck.
It might be possible to turn the trailer around once it’s up there with some ingenuity. Not easy, but possible. The question is whether backing it up there is less possible.
MistyMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:04 AM   #5

Not too sound too cocky but that looks easy-peasy to me. If you are parking it in that small alley/lane to the left at the end of the video you could go up in drive and turn it in there. I could also back that up even with my dually. Doesn't look very steep, but if lots of loose rock and stuff maybe a 4WD with lo-range would help.

Most 26' bumper pulls will top out around 6500GVWR. 10 000lbs still isn't an issue for my truck in drive or reverse. Reverse actually has more power due to gearing.
kdauto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:35 PM   #6

I don't think that will be too difficult with a bumper pull. It might scare me in a fiver as you would likely contact the bed with as rough as it is. If you could grade the ruts out I think it will be very doable.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #7

Im with kd on this one. That looks pretty easy...annoying, but not difficult. Good spotters would go a long way too.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:06 AM   #8

Only can be an issue if grade is steep. Can’t tell from video. I pull my 26ft TT up 8% grade to my home. My storage and turnaround are gravel on the grade. I must use 4wd or rear tires will dig into the gravel. If you don’t have a grade more than 6% you’re probable ok with 2wd.

Tags
trailer