Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #99

Gains are not only in the mpg department. Heat is not good for any engine and regions spike as high as 15-1600* vs a normal 7-900*. Lower heat over the life of the motor leads to longevity. Not to mention the increase in power is always welcomed. And if using the right tunes the truck won't smoke like the high school kids like to do.
01STrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Nothing wrong with that mileage. There are alot of pulls thru Wa and Or. Those folks that pull that wt going thru mountains and say the get 12 are smoking somthing.
I am only pulling 24k# GVWR on mostly flat ground and never seen 12. Pulled the NW part od NC mnts 3 weeks ago and saw 8 average running 70...and it wasn't even sweating those pulls
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01STrunner View Post
Gains are not only in the mpg department. Heat is not good for any engine and regions spike as high as 15-1600* vs a normal 7-900*. Lower heat over the life of the motor leads to longevity. Not to mention the increase in power is always welcomed. And if using the right tunes the truck won't smoke like the high school kids like to do.
Exactly right.
Not to mention throttle response and just better drivability.

But this thread is getting old.
People who have no experience with deleting rage against it. People who know and understand are in the minority.
Nothing is going to change.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:51 AM   #102

Y'all know EGR lowers cylinder temps eh?
top of piston
cylinder head etc etc

a little is ok ,been with us in gas engines for 30-40 years.
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:20 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by hone eagle View Post
Y'all know EGR lowers cylinder temps eh?
top of piston
cylinder head etc etc

a little is ok ,been with us in gas engines for 30-40 years.
Tell that to ford 6.0 owners
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Exactly right.

People who have no experience with deleting rage against it. People who know and understand are in the minority.
Nothing is going to change.

You mean the people who know why we have emission controls?
Wilber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #105

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilber1 View Post
You mean the people who know why we have emission controls?
Coal power plants are the nation’s top source of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, the primary cause of global warming. In 2011, utility coal plants in the United States emitted a total of 1.7 billion tons of CO21. A typical coal plant generates 3.5 million tons of CO2 per year2.

Burning coal is also a leading cause of smog, acid rain, and toxic air pollution. Some emissions can be significantly reduced with readily available pollution controls, but most U.S. coal plants have not installed these technologies.

Tell me again how I need to choke down my ride when BIG industry doesn't.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Coal power plants are the nation’s top source of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, the primary cause of global warming. In 2011, utility coal plants in the United States emitted a total of 1.7 billion tons of CO21. A typical coal plant generates 3.5 million tons of CO2 per year2.

Burning coal is also a leading cause of smog, acid rain, and toxic air pollution. Some emissions can be significantly reduced with readily available pollution controls, but most U.S. coal plants have not installed these technologies.

You can justify almost anything by pointing at someone else.
Wilber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01STrunner View Post
I am not really a fan of all this emision stuff,,, BUT,, those temps are Behind the motor,,, in the exhaust... The motor (engine) does not see those temps when in regin... I started up my 2015 Duramax inside the garage last week while I went to open the door,,, you couldn't smell exhaust at all... Nice... Yes there are many things to go wrong,,, but,, if you don't want it,, buy an older one without it... I had a old Cummins 5.9 , nice motor, but it would stink out the neighborhood, and you couldn't use the drive through because of the noise.. Give and take I figure... When the warrenty runs out, I'll look at deleating any problem systems. Till then,, I'm good... This thing is a monster...
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #108

I might add,,, yes the regin decreases fuel mileage in the short time it is doing it... I don't like that,,, but the new Silverado is sweet !!!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #109

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Next time, build a better straw man.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:23 PM   #110

You go by a coal fired American plant and you do not see smoke . They have sophisticated scrubbers and other pollution controls they are getting a bad rap . If you want to see where all the crap is coming from go to Russia , China and a bunch of third world countries . Just don't lay it on coal to justify deleting your controls.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:09 AM   #111

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not trying to justify what I, or other members have done or not done, just pointing out the facts. China is the worlds worst polluter, but the USA is second.

When big business can spill 500 drums of benzene when fracting and be faced with a maximum of $10,000 in fines, the majority of coal plants have no scrubbers, Japanese nuclear plants spill toxic waste into the pacific, it seems to be rather futile to blame the end user of the product for the following the same path.
Scrubbers - SourceWatch

But thats the beauty of living in the free world, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But this post is getting off track and a discussion over the worlds problems is best solved around the campfire drinking an adult beverage of your choice.

Cheers.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #112

Outdoors RV Owners Club
These arguments are straw man arguments. Saying that others are doing worse things than you are is, frankly, childish.

To put it another way, if everyone was jumping of a cliff to their demise, would you, too?

The electricity generated by those coal power plants is still cleaner for the work that electricity will do compared to an internal combustion engine. So, by comparison, those coal fired electricity generation plants are far cleaner than the vehicles we drive despite fairly recent emissions treatment breakthroughs.

Try harder next time.