Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
B&W hitch change

I had a truck with the full B&W gooseneck setup under the bed and then bought the companion slider to connect to it.

Now I have a 2017 Chevy with the gooseneck prep package. Can I convert my old hitch to fit the stock Chevy setup or can I put the B&W under bed mount in to replace the stock mount?
1CoolZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2020, 09:13 PM   #2

I believe there are different bases to allow you to switch between truck types/ages. I have a turnover ball single mount point setup and when I was thinking of switching to a new truck I was told I needed a "picture frame" adapter. Basically, something that allows the same hitch to go into a truck with 4 mounting points rather than the one in the middle. I'm not sure if that's what you need but I'm pretty sure there will be something that allows you to convert.

B/W customer service is super-helpful and I'd give them a call. I once had a question about my setup and not only did a live person answer the phone but within seconds I was talking to an engineer that helped design my hitch. It was almost as though the wife answered the phone and walked out to the garage and handed her husband the phone
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch