Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2022, 05:40 AM   #43

Boy is that Antimatter blue nice when it's clean. Beautiful truck, congratulations.

I'm going to be ordering one here soon. Since we are looking to full-time for a few years, we've decided to go diesel. Mostly because we are looking at Montanas and Solitudes with the high profile. We really did not want to deal with diesel emissions and initial cost. But when your pulling full-time, going diesel makes more sense in our situation. However, I did tell the DW if you really don't want a diesel, we can buy a smaller 5er. I guess she would much rather have the bigger RV.

Now, I have to figure out if Ford is going to let me get the options I wanted. You know, frivolous options, like maybe the 5th wheel prep package and LED headlights. Really?

I may have to pull the trigger on the Ram.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2022, 06:31 AM   #44

mto502 - that is an impressive payload.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
Boy is that Antimatter blue nice when it's clean. Beautiful truck, congratulations.

I'm going to be ordering one here soon. Since we are looking to full-time for a few years, we've decided to go diesel. Mostly because we are looking at Montanas and Solitudes with the high profile. We really did not want to deal with diesel emissions and initial cost. But when your pulling full-time, going diesel makes more sense in our situation. However, I did tell the DW if you really don't want a diesel, we can buy a smaller 5er. I guess she would much rather have the bigger RV.

Now, I have to figure out if Ford is going to let me get the options I wanted. You know, frivolous options, like maybe the 5th wheel prep package and LED headlights. Really?

I'm not trying to talk you out of a diesel ... just adding 2 more cents here.
Most people that fulltime in a 5er stay at least a month at a time. Sometimes months at a time when they find a nice place. In other words... they don't really rack up a bunch of miles pulling the 5er around. They mostly do short trips around the spot they are staying at.
2017 22K Bounder 415/6spd/5:38s
2018 F150 Lariat 502A 4X4 Toad & Tow Vehicle
2023 Rockwood GeoPro 20BHS
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:41 AM   #46

Quote:

You know, frivolous options, like maybe the 5th wheel prep package and LED headlights. Really?

It's actually agate black.
Yeah Ford has been making it difficult, or the parts shortage has been but Ford is/was still taking orders. At least now they're telling customers up front about the parts they can't get Glad I ordered a year ago. Whatever you do, good luck!
I'll be basically full timing as well, and doing a fair bit of moving around. Can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
mto502 - that is an impressive payload.
I can't see ever over loading it at that number! The tongue weight is around 2k lbs.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:24 PM   #47

Quote:

Don’t be afraid of the Ram! We really like our 2016 and no Bosch 4.2 HPFP! I was a Ford man until we bought a 2001 Ram 2500 CTD. That was a used truck with 234k miles. Sold after getting the 2016, it then had 315k.
Rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:55 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhagfo View Post
Don’t be afraid of the Ram! We really like our 2016 and no Bosch 4.2 HPFP! I was a Ford man until we bought a 2001 Ram 2500 CTD. That was a used truck with 234k miles. Sold after getting the 2016, it then had 315k.
You know, I think the RAM is a fine truck. I like the power and fuel economy of the Ford. But I like the exhaust brake of the Ram better. I prefer the look of the Ford, but I also think the Ram is a good looking truck as well. The instrument cluster on the Ram is very nice. I don't think it's a losing situation, just a preferential one. What I can not do is GM. They have been very bad to me over the past 30 years. Others have had better luck with them, and that's great. Just not for me anymore.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote