Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #43

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

I have been running Opti-Lube XPD in my DP for the past year. I order it by the 5 gallon pale and put it in bottles that I store in the fuel compartment next to the fuel tank. As someone else said, it does add a little to the price of fuel, but I think I make up for it in fuel mileage. Even if it is in my head, it does make me sleep better....
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D
The ULSD already contains all the additives that are needed unless you need an anti-gel in cold weather.
But it still does not meet the standards the EMA would like or Bosch (a diesel pump manufacturer) would like, the EU requires that it does but not in the USA.

And those additives were added at the distribution hubs so as not to contaminate the distribution pipes for, I think it was, aviation fuel.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #45

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
My second career was in curde oil refining. Staff meetings ALWAYS include discussions on diesel spec screw-ups including OPPS, the additive injection pump at the truck loading rack was down all night! I use additives...Just saying.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #46

Cummings Fuel Additives LT32599_08.pdf

More infor on approved Cummings additives.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #47

http://www.fleetguard.com/pdfs/produ.../SB07-03-6.pdf

Interesting service document!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #48

The most important additive to consider is a biocide....Water in diesel fuel will create an algae farm in your tank fast clogging filters etc....Biocide will eliminate and prevent its growth...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
The most important additive to consider is a biocide....Water in diesel fuel will create an algae farm in your tank fast clogging filters etc....Biocide will eliminate and prevent its growth...
Especially if it's going to sit a long time.

Tags
diesel