Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #43

Only reason I can see for keeping them out is if you tow on a regular basis. If I was towing every other day or so then I would leave them out. But I only tow the 5'er once a month and for several long weekends plus 3-3 week vacations. So the majority of the time I'm running empty. It's too much of PITA to deal with the extra 3" sticking out in parking lots or driving down narrow streets with other trucks parked on the side.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #44

Who cares? Do what makes you happy. Regardless, everyone will always have an opinion or criticize. Just smile and wave.
rpk513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Haha I go on research on the Duramax forum and they say the trucks are pulling ghost trailers. I did scare the wife the other day when I said watch out. She asked for what and I explained about the ghost trailer. She did not get it but she does not like the 3 stooges either .

As for the hitch I leave mine in all the time. I have been rear ended 3 times and each time taking the hit on the hitch and not the sheet metal.

I also have fog/driving lights and usually for get I have them and dont turn them on.
Steveoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #46

This is what I drive and two reasons come to my mind.

1. Its the perception of the by stander. Unlike Ford and GM the RAM mirrors look different when extened (vertical) than when retracted (horizontal). The incidence of unneccessary mirror extention for Fords and GMs may be no less than Ram. Its just not as obvious to those outside the truck (i.e. the by stander).

2. Electric versus manual. Unlike Ford (many-not all) the RAM mirrors are a manual extend. Result, the driver doesn't take notice that the mirros are unneccessarily extended until after getting in truck and driving down the road. If driver is in Ford he can retract while driving, but being in the Ram, and without a passanger with more musle than my wife, he can either retact the Driver's side and leave Passanger side as is, thus looking like a dork, or say to himself "I need to remember to put those away the next time I stop". After a few weeks He remembers to do that.
Jugghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #47

Is the mirror controversy ever going to end? Just use em!
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Is the mirror controversy ever going to end? Just use em!
But flipped up or down?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
But flipped up or down?
Who cares? Whatever the driver likes is the right way to have them set.
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:15 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Who cares? Whatever the driver likes is the right way to have them set.
It was a joke
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote