Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #29

been running the Juice (with attitude) for the last 2 years and love it.
full control of all functions on the fly, but
best of all is the performance gain.
try it, you will like it.

Grandpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Threevagabonds:
Thanks. I did install the probe after turbo. I have enough trouble with the truck (turbo) now, and may be on the path to a lemon law buyback. I can't risk them telling me that I caused the problem. I can add fairly well, (2+2=5?) and just build in a comfort level to the temp. shown on the gauge. No problem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be different than the Juice/Attitude combo installation. Instructions said the probe must be installed pre-turbo to function properly.

disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent
odoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:44 AM   #31

You are correct on the EDGE instructions on placing the EGT probe before the turbo, but unfortunately when dealing with FORD, that location allows FORD to say that I caused the problem with the turbo. Most large trucks that have EGT probes have them factory installed after the turbo without any issues. As I said, I just take the exit temp and add the differential, which includes a safety margin. In my case, it is 400 degrees. Works for me!
Note: Ford has replaced the turbo with a "remanufactured" one. They WILL NOT install a new turbo even though the truck had only 2000 miles on it. It will be the last truck I will buy from FORD!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #32

If you're already having problems with it why would you put something on it that will void the warranty?
Doesn't the Edge use the info from the pre-turbo monitor to adjust the power? So if it's reading 400 degrees cooler it will keep turning up the boost?

'99 Ford PSD 4x4 Crewcab
lrantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #33

For information, the EGT sensor was installed before I had trouble with the turbo, and has NOTHING to do with the EDGE installation. If you do your research, you will find that the EDGE EZ does NOT have anything to do with the EGT sensor. I think that you are confusing the EZ model with another EDGE model. (Juice???)Hope this clears up your impression that I invited problems dealing with FORD. Incidently, yesterday I received a third notification from FORD stating that I need to return for still another "upgrade" (recall). That means that I loose the use of the truck for another 3 days or so. I repeat, this will be my last FORD!