Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #1

hey ya'll
I am fishing for someone with experience on these two products
Does anyone have the Edge EZ, (not the Juice/Attitude)? The one with three levels only.
Or the VA Smartbox with the 50 or 70 selection?
I am trying to find consumer results with either product. I am trying to decide which I want.
I know about the other products with more power, but only want to tow with the extra hp and tq, so I don't need power I can't use.
thanks
maxtotow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #2

hey ya'll
I am fishing for someone with experience on these two products
Does anyone have the Edge EZ, (not the Juice/Attitude)? The one with three levels only.
Or the VA Smartbox with the 50 or 70 selection?
I am trying to find consumer results with either product. I am trying to decide which I want.
I know about the other products with more power, but only want to tow with the extra hp and tq, so I don't need power I can't use.
thanks
maxtotow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #3

Do you already have a gauge to monitor your exhaust gas temps. I have a buddy with an 02 Duramax and he had the Edge EZ on his truck first and loved the extra power. He later switched to the Attitude/juice for a couple of reasons.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Udjustability while towing
Backdown features for egts, boost and tranny slipage.
Extra power
Digital gauges
etc..[/list]I know that with out and bigger exhaust and intake he would run hot on the higher setting on his EZ. Don't know if this helped at all.
03 Dodge 2500 HO 4x4 SB QC, 3.73, LS, SunCoast Auto, Billit input shaft, Edge EZ, Juice/Attitude, A-Pillar, AutoMeter Trans/Egt/boost, Afe PG7, HOGS 4" SS W/ 5.5" SS tip, Brite Box w/ Fogzilla,Tuff Country 2" lvl, BFG 315's, B&W Turnover ball, Firest
PClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
maxtotow

I have used the Edge Juice box with the 3 settings for over 2yrs now. I believe I have the old 4.61 version. It is fantastic and I couldn't live without it. I usually pull on level two or three and don't have much trouble at all with temps unless I lug it down on a long hill in level 3. I still run the stock exhaust and all that and I pull right at 23,500 Gross combined. The D/A works great with it. Just make sure you put a pyrometer on it to be on the safe side and watch the temps.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #5

Good thread. I am thinking about getting the Edge Juice/Attitude. I have an early 04 D/A with teh old engine. However it has 3.5" exhaust, up from 3" that my 02 had. Would going to a 4" make much of a difference?

I am also looking at teh Brakesmart controller and noticed that has the pyrometer input as well. Can I get away without teh Attitude?

Thanks, Zeke
Old 04-22-2005, 07:09 AM   #6

4 inch exhaust will be less restrictive and lower the exhaust temps. Juice/attitude will give you boost readings, exhaust gas temps and many other areas that it will monitor. Also another neat feature is that you can set the max temp to lets say 1300 and it won't go over that by defueling the engine (not delivering as much fuel). I think you would be very happy with the set up. Also Brakesmart is the best brake controller out.. just a little pricey.
03 Dodge 2500 HO 4x4 SB QC, 3.73, LS, SunCoast Auto, Billit input shaft, Edge EZ, Juice/Attitude, A-Pillar, AutoMeter Trans/Egt/boost, Afe PG7, HOGS 4" SS W/ 5.5" SS tip, Brite Box w/ Fogzilla,Tuff Country 2" lvl, BFG 315's, B&W Turnover ball, Firest
PClayton is offline   Reply With Quote