Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Money View Post
Help me decide! I'm buying a new tow vehicle. It will also be my dd. I have an Outdoors RV Creekside 21 RD
Dry=5,000. Max=7,000.
Both the Tundra and Expedition are rated at about 10,000 lbs towing.
I like that the expedition has secure storage in the back, especially for my work things. I simply don't need a truck bed. Expedition also has a 3rd row, nice for trips with friends, which I do a several times a year. Expedition also has vented leather seats and is a comfy ride. Ecoboost 3.5 with 6 speed and 3.73 diff. Decent mpg for dd.
The Tundra is a crewmax, but no more trips with friends. Less secure storage.. More expensive. 5.7 L with 6 speed and 4.3 diff. Horrid mpg for a dd. Both vehicles are 8ish mpg when towing.
I'm buying slightly used. Expedition comes with extended warranty (75,000 miles from purchase). Tundra does not. For very little more, I could get a new Tundra SR5.

Thoughts?

I have no experience with an Expedition, but I towed my TT (about 8000GVW) with a Tundra for 2 years. Going uphill was fine, but I got tired of getting pushed around going downhill and moved up to a Silverado 2500HD diesel. Now we're looking at moving up to a 5th wheel, so I'm looking at a 1 ton. FWIW
ucfengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #58

Ok guys T Money is asking for input between two vehicles not where their built, where the money goes. I do agree with posts for PU verses SUV for towing a TT.

Good Luck on your decision.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #59

Our 2012 Tundra is rated to tow 10,000 lbs. It is the Platinum model and is very comfortable. However, I wanted the Sequoia but hubby wanted more towing capability.
Ours was made in Texas. Our Subaru was made in Kentucky. Regarding profits; our citizens also get to profit in terms of jobs in sales and manufacturing- and they spend their money in their communities.
LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote