RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2020, 03:55 AM   #1

Florida RV show

Is the Tampa Florida RV show the largest outdoor show in the nation?

Thanks
rubberduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2020, 04:59 AM   #2

I believe both Tampa and Hershey claim to be. I've been to both and at both you will see A LOT of RV's.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:10 AM   #3

Tampa is at the state fairgrounds so probably larger by size, but that show is so spread out it's hard to judge how many units are there.
Hershey has a big big number of units but it's all on blacktop and in the September heat you will know you've been there.
Vendors goes to Tampa by far. They both are worth doing repeatedly.
The Tampa show for Jan 2021 has not been cancelled yet. Key word yet.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:22 AM   #4

It's my understanding Thor Industries pulled out of the Tampa super show but their dealers will probably be there. There is/was some question whether the show would go on, but with just over a month to go and no announcement of cancellation, my guess is it will be open.

FL governor has lifted all restrictions so the super show won't violate any state laws. FL is attempting to following Sweden's example of herd immunity.

FL lifting of restrictions: https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-covi...ns-11605625421
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:57 AM   #5

The largest show is in California I heard. Tampa was number 2 and Hershey was number 3. I have been to Tampa and Hershey shows 3 times each.

The Hershey show in September on black top can be nice or can be hot. One in 3 shows it was hot. Tampa in January is usually nice weather. 3 for 3 times I was there it was nice 70 - 75 degrees.

You can spend multiple days at each but especially at the Tampa Show. If you can stop at any RV Park and get into the Club House there might be free tickets on the Bulletin Board if you go after the 1st day.
I would stay in Crystal River and see Tampa Show free tickets in the club house bulletin board.

The best thing at these big shows is you can talk to the Reps that know about the product. The 2nd best thing is you will see RV's that are not at any dealer yet.

These shows are worth going to imho but they are big.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:00 AM   #6

Already had the COVID, so we are going.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #7

Never been to the Tampa one.

I lived at Hershey for 7 years and went to the show every year. You can go there for 3 days without stepping into the same unit twice. Very nice to see some million dollars class A diesel pushers and some awesome overlander class C.

You literally have to keep your hand from signing any paperwork.
nicky8668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckie View Post
Already had the COVID, so we are going.

Thanks
Your immune now huh?
Bowtie Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #9

They say for three months ??

Tags