Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #15

Here is the ring. Costs 150 bucks but you never have to have a Fob or Phone or key card with you. What do you think. Do i have a career as a hand model in front of me?

radar is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2021, 01:52 AM   #16

Is that a wedding ring? Married to tesla?

Go Spacex[emoji106]
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Is that a wedding ring? Married to tesla?

Go Spacex[emoji106]
LOL. . I never thought if it that way. Technically it’s on the wrong hand. And the company in Georgia (the country not the state) actually builds them out of some kind of wood).

Handy though. I don’t carry my phone around with me all the time. Just wave the ring in from of the door pillar and it’s unlocked. Once in the car just wave it over the centre console and the car is enabled.

Cheers.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:16 AM   #18

That is an cool ring and works kinda like a Ford with push button start. With the FOB in my pocket the door unlocks when I touch the handle. I start the truck drive where I am going. Get out of the truck and can lock the door 3 different ways. I usually shut the door and press the last to keys on the key pad. This locks the door and say go shopping. I never touch the FOB....but it needs to be in my pocket. The Ford keypad is great and I use it all the time.

I will be working outside and need a tool that is in the truck. I simply walk to the truck, use the keypad to unlock, get the tool, and lock the door with the keypad. No need for the FOB with the keypad in this case.

I can see wearing the ring all the time is better and a more convenient because I need to hit buttons to open the door without the FOB. Plus I have to remember the code. This bit me one time when I just changed trucks and used the old code on my new truck. Poop - it did not work and for the life I was could not remember the new code with the old code in my head. I know, I know I could have made the code the same but in this case I did not. Had the wife bring me the other FOB, the one that was not locked in the truck.

Yes, I can lock the FOB in the truck like when going to the beach where I take it out of my pocket. But got to remember the code. Now both my wife and I have the code in our phones incase I forget it again.

Yes, there is an app 'Ford Pass' that can unlock the doors and start the truck etc. But I don't use it. Too much crap on my phone now...LOL.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #19

Quote:
That is an cool ring and works kinda like a Ford with push button start. With the FOB in my pocket the door unlocks when I touch the handle. I start the truck drive where I am going. Get out of the truck and can lock the door 3 different ways. I usually shut the door and press the last to keys on the key pad. This locks the door and say go shopping. I never touch the FOB....but it needs to be in my pocket. The Ford keypad is great and I use it all the time.

I will be working outside and need a tool that is in the truck. I simply walk to the truck, use the keypad to unlock, get the tool, and lock the door with the keypad. No need for the FOB with the keypad in this case.

I can see wearing the ring all the time is better and a more convenient because I need to hit buttons to open the door without the FOB. Plus I have to remember the code. This bit me one time when I just changed trucks and used the old code on my new truck. Poop - it did not work and for the life I was could not remember the new code with the old code in my head. I know, I know I could have made the code the same but in this case I did not. Had the wife bring me the other FOB, the one that was not locked in the truck.

Yes, I can lock the FOB in the truck like when going to the beach where I take it out of my pocket. But got to remember the code. Now both my wife and I have the code in our phones incase I forget it again.

Yes, there is an app 'Ford Pass' that can unlock the doors and start the truck etc. But I don't use it. Too much crap on my phone now...LOL.
Yah. The proximity fobs are handy. We had that type for our leaf. We have one for the Tesla but never use it. One or both of us usually has our phone on us so when the phone gets close to the car it unlocks. No push button for on mode as it just checks to see if you are in your seat. If you are it comes on as soon as the door is closed.

The ring is nice cause you can literally never forget your key. I know some people just get the chip inserted under the skin on their palm but I’m not comfortable with that.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:29 PM   #20

A flaw in the Ford they need a keypad on both front doors. 10 minutes ago I was working in the driveway. Truck parked on the other side. I have my tools on the back passenger under the seat. I needed a tool. So I have to walk around the truck to the drivers door and type the code. Then I walk around the truck to the back passenger door, open it and get the tool.

When I am done I put the tool away then need to walk around the truck to lock the door. I was always walking around the truck to the keypad. Just thinking Ford needs a keypad on the passenger side also.

If I backed into the driveway that would have helped as the keypad would have been on the same side as I was working.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:03 PM   #21

Quote:
A flaw in the Ford they need a keypad on both front doors. 10 minutes ago I was working in the driveway. Truck parked on the other side. I have my tools on the back passenger under the seat. I needed a tool. So I have to walk around the truck to the drivers door and type the code. Then I walk around the truck to the back passenger door, open it and get the tool.

When I am done I put the tool away then need to walk around the truck to lock the door. I was always walking around the truck to the keypad. Just thinking Ford needs a keypad on the passenger side also.

If I backed into the driveway that would have helped as the keypad would have been on the same side as I was working.
Or you could just open the front door you are standing right next to,push the lock button, and close the door.
F4Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #22

F4 - you are correct. That would have saved my one trip around the truck. I am so conditioned to use the keypad.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:43 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My Honda opens either front door by touching the handle as long as the fob is in my pocket. push button start. Door will not lock with the fob in the car unless you hit the lock button after the door is closed. Trunk also operates the same way and will not allow you to lock the fob in the trunk. I cannot tell it my wife's butt is cold though, I have to use a switch to turn on the seat heater.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric