Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
Youve never needed a pickup bed if you think a hatchback is an acceptable replacement for a bed
Ok. I think I got it. It’s a pickup as long as

1. It has wheel well incursions in the box
2. It doesn’t have a built in lockable toolbox
3. It doesn’t have an electric tonneau cover
4. It doesn’t have a built in loading ramp,
5. It doesn’t have a built in 240 volt plug
6. It doesn’t have a built in 120 volt plug.
7. It doesn’t have a built in compressor
8. It doesn’t have a self levelling suspension with load mode.

So if we change all those things the cybertruck will be a pickup. Or do we also have to

Make it gutless
Make it stinky
Make it noisy
Make it boxy and ugly like a legacy pickup...or are those things ok. . Lol.

Just checkin.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #30

I think Radar must be a Tesla salesman. We have these same conversations week after week.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
I think Radar must be a Tesla salesman. We have these same conversations week after week.
Nah. Just poking fun. Interesting to see people’s pre conceptions of what a vehicle is.

To each his own though. I’m sure they won’t be right for every half ton driver.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
I'm not sure but I think he has a vested interest in keeping the electric brand alive. There's at least 2 members here who stated they are or were investors in the T brand.
kdauto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdauto View Post
I'm not sure but I think he has a vested interest in keeping the electric brand alive. There's at least 2 members here who stated they are or were investors in the T brand.
Heh heh. Not an investor or owner. My last truck was an F350 Dually. A ways back though.

I just see the cybertruck as a huge improvement over a legacy truck. At least for our needs.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #34

There we go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1576196212230.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	269305  
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:21 PM   #35

1. Most people cant afford them. 2. There isn't enough electricity if we all buy one. Consider yourself lucky.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Ok. I think I got it. It’s a pickup as long as

1. It has wheel well incursions in the box
2. It doesn’t have a built in lockable toolbox
3. It doesn’t have an electric tonneau cover
4. It doesn’t have a built in loading ramp,
5. It doesn’t have a built in 240 volt plug
6. It doesn’t have a built in 120 volt plug.
7. It doesn’t have a built in compressor
8. It doesn’t have a self levelling suspension with load mode.

So if we change all those things the cybertruck will be a pickup. Or do we also have to

Make it gutless
Make it stinky
Make it noisy
Make it boxy and ugly like a legacy pickup...or are those things ok. . Lol.

Just checkin.
There are pickups with all those things except the ramp. As far as "stinky", "noisy", and gutless, i dont know of any pickups that fit that bill unless theyre in regen. Oh, it has to have a bed to be a pickup.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #37

Quote:
There we go!
That’s kinda cool.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #38

Quote:
There are pickups with all those things except the ramp. As far as "stinky", "noisy", and gutless, i dont know of any pickups that fit that bill unless theyre in regen. Oh, it has to have a bed to be a pickup.
Sorry. Just using the comparison approach for the stinky, noisy and gutless. .

As far as the pickup bed...see post 17.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #39

Quote:
Sorry. Just using the comparison approach for the stinky, noisy and gutless. .

As far as the pickup bed...see post 17.
No matter how many times you say it that isnt a bed.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #40

Quote:
No matter how many times you say it that isnt a bed.
I’m just having fun. I know the sides are a little higher. Gotta say though. We avoided loading our truck from the sides as the side tended to get scratched. Freakin belt buckle.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
What's going to be your naysay for the EC truck from Ford? Bet that will look like most Ford trucks today. Just cost lots more than the Cybertruck.
Same thing as this Cybertruck. Well, except for the ugly part. It has terrible range when towing despite being highly efficient as an EV because of poor energy storage. It has short range when not towing and takes a long time to recharge making it a terrible road trip vehicle. And it's not better for the environment if you replace it every 5 years or less. Every battery replacement pushes that 5 year break even point back another 5 years, so if you get a new battery, you've got to keep that thing for 10 years with no other issues just to break even on an environmental impact standpoint.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #42

Quote:
I’m just having fun. I know the sides are a little higher. Gotta say though. We avoided loading our truck from the sides as the side tended to get scratched. Freakin belt buckle.
Theyre as high as the roof! I know your excited about the new evs and the same thing is going on in the hd forums with their new electric bike. Here it seems though that there are a few of us that are excited about evs (i enjoy my ice powered vehicles way too much, every aspect, the noise, smell, feel), but there people on the hdforums excited about the electric bike is very few. Its getting to be kind of a sore spot for me lately because of all the alarmist nutjobs trying to put fossil fuels out of business. I work in the industry and i like my job. I dont want a new job. I make good money and it allows me to give my family a good life. I have an awesome schedule, im good at what i do, and its allowed me to experience alot in life. After all the nutjobs trying to ram this climate change crap down our throats ive been a little more oppositional than i probably would be if it were just being allowed to make a natural transition instead of people trying so hard to force it.

Thats not my reason for disliking the tesla. I honestly feel that its a crap design but for all the trucks ford has built they at least know what one is.

Tags
ford