Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2021, 02:52 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Ford Upfitter Switches - What is Wired to Yours

Hello All,

I am looking for ideas to connect to my new F350 upfitter switches - what do you control with yours?

Regards,

John
johns1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
JDT

I am only using one of my switches to power a Viair compressor. We have a Reese Goose Box that needs some air for its bag. I ran a 12 gauge wire from position 6 to the back of the bed terminating with a 2 prong connector to connect to the compressor. Positions 5 and 6 don't need the ignition to be on to work. I did have an auxiliary fuel tank that had an electric pump I had connected to position 5 but with a 48 gallon tank on my truck I decided I didn't need it.
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:34 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
One switch is to power my compressor for my AirRyde airbags.

Another is for enabling my fuel transfer pump circuit.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:38 AM   #4

I swapped power wires so 1 to 4 stay hot
1 rear work lights
2 strobe lights
3 transfer tank
4 air bag dump
6 second air compressor

Truck is complete air ride, so 2nd compressor to fill tank faster, 1st compressor is connected to pto circuit on upfitter panel for key on operation.
Ftr918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
42" LED light bar
Ditch light (L)
Ditch light (R)

Lights are mounted on grill guard. 42" bar the wife calls it the "Electric Sun", it literally has illuminated the side of a mountain 3 miles away.
Ditch lights are mounted to the side of the light bar, similar to a driving light but with side projecting LEDs to illuminate to the side.
Incredible light to the front & side of the truck, has saved me twice with elk on the side of the road.
Being able to illuminate each side separately has huge advantages.

The middle of Wyoming gets pretty darn dark at 0300
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:49 PM   #6

I am really really surprised that no one mentions that they use #1 for HIGH IDLE! I have had a high idle on all my diesels, and on long cold trips would sleep in the cab with high idle ON and be really comfy. Now on my 2017 DRW I use it extensively for all stops to keep the cab cool (in TX heat of 105 degF) and my RV battery charged as it eats dc power for the fridge. I don'r know why every diesel does not come with high idle option. I use #6 for my 400 watt converter, and other lower amperage switches for minor add-ons, like my CB radio.
cletesingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 01:31 PM   #7

Nothing! I just got 'em cause they look cool, they might help resale,
and I might find a use for a couple.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #8

here mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210310_152925.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	329543  
Old 05-25-2021, 09:24 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My F250 has an aftermarket rear view mirror with a monitor that will take 4 camera inputs. I'm using one of the upfitter switches to power the camera on the back of the trailer.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:59 PM   #10

To explain each switch....
Air horn - connects the air solenoid to the vehicle horn circuit, hit the steering wheel horn button and both the vehicle and air horn sounds. Since upfitter is only powered with key on air horn won't blow when locking with remote.
Rear leds- are two pods flush mounted in rear bumper , high power floods for lighting up the work site , hitching, etc.
Rv cams -powers the 3 cameras on the trailer, 1 at the rear and 2 blind side cameras. They connect between the vehicles with a coil cord umbilical . All cameras viewed on trucks factory sync my touch screen

The front / rear switch by the 12 volt power port has 3 positions that controls which of 3 cameras are routed to a secondary input on the camera controller, front is the front license plate camera, center is the 3rd tail light camera that looks in the bed, rear is the trailer rear backup camera
Palmeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
To explain each switch....
Rv cams -powers the 3 cameras on the trailer, 1 at the rear and 2 blind side cameras. They connect between the vehicles with a coil cord umbilical . All cameras viewed on trucks factory sync my touch screen

The front / rear switch by the 12 volt power port has 3 positions that controls which of 3 cameras are routed to a secondary input on the camera controller, front is the front license plate camera, center is the 3rd tail light camera that looks in the bed, rear is the trailer rear backup camera
Hi, would you mind sharing more detail about your build? This is exactly what I want to do! I have a 2016 F-350 which only has the tailgate camera. I'd like to install a 3rd brake light camera to use while hitching, and a camera on the back of my 5th wheel. A switch to manually select between the three on the infotainment screen would be perfect! Do you have the ability to leave your trailer rear camera on while driving? Would you mind showing your infotainment view with the RV cams on? Are you able to drive with the rear cam on the trailer active, or does it only work in reverse? Thank you in advance for any detail, how-tos, parts lists, etc you do not mind sharing.
Hotrodg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #12

Hi
My system is a hybrid of automatic and manual operations to integrate cameras on the truck and on the trailer to be displayed on the factory touch screen infotainment system

The challenge was finding a camera controller that can communicate on the vehicles CAN bus to display the video on the specific sync my touch infotainment screen for the vehicle. I did a lot of research, figured out the equipment, then designed the system, and did the install myself. It is fairly complex and not an easy install so you would need above average DIY skills in my opinion

Start by reviewing this link I posted here last year. Let me know if you have any questions, be happy to help you out.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #13

I got the Ford Rear facing light package that goes on the back of the cab. Those are run to one switch. I was thinking possibly using another for bed lights?
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmeris View Post
Hi

Start by reviewing this link I posted here last year. Let me know if you have any questions, be happy to help you out.
Thanks a ton. Great write up, that is exactly what I was hoping for. I can much better plan my build now. I'm waiting for my Sync 3 upgrade to arrive so I have that additional layer to deal with but you just helped immensely. Standing on the shoulders of giants and all.
Hotrodg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, switch