Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #1

GM Joins the Electric truck fray.

Thats four. GM, Ford, Rivian and Tesla.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...up/3626575002/

The Tesla unveil is tomorrow night.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #2

I was listening to Bloomberg financial radio today. Yep, buy 2025 there are predictions that 20% of cars/trucks will be EV. Right now EV's make up only 5% of auto sales.

Also, not sure I believe it because there are Government insentives for EV's. But some people think it will be consumer driven.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I was listening to Bloomberg financial radio today. Yep, buy 2025 there are predictions that 20% of cars/trucks will be EV. Right now EV's make up only 5% of auto sales.

Also, not sure I believe it because there are Government insentives for EV's. But some people think it will be consumer driven.
BC set a target if 10 percent of personal vehicle sales to be EV’s by 2025 a few years back. As of November they achieved that goal this year. 5 years ahead of schedule.

I’m ok with the incentives. They spend less than 400 million a year on the EV incentives. They spend 10 ‘s of billions on incentives for the petroleum industry.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #4

They were also saying the performance will be much better than a combustion engine that builds power slowly. EV's have power immediately which they were saying is a big difference with combustion engines.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
They were also saying the performance will be much better than a combustion engine that builds power slowly. EV's have power immediately which they were saying is a big difference with combustion engines.
Both our vehicles are EV’s. Both have impressive performance. New EV’s are even more amazing. Take a Tesla or an Eplus Leaf or a Kona for a drive. Best to leave your check book at home unless your ready to buy.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Both our vehicles are EV’s. Both have impressive performance. New EV’s are even more amazing. Take a Tesla or an Eplus Leaf or a Kona for a drive. Best to leave your check book at home unless your ready to buy.

Good advise. But my salesman said he would keep it for me for 24 hours. Guess who was back the next day with a check.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Good advise. But my salesman said he would keep it for me for 24 hours. Guess who was back the next day with a check.
Heh heh

Tags
electric