Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #15

Bumping the truck into things during a rain...yep, I've come close.

At a seasonal RV park tgatvI stayed at fir 4 winters my friend wanted to pull his golf cart thru my site. No problem in this tightly close clique where we were good friends. Anyway, yep maunovering the truck so he could get thru with his golf cart I backed into my pin box. Backup sensors do not work when the pic box is higher then they are. Put two small dings in the top of the tailgate where there were two bolt heads sticking out that held the pin box. So after this I had 3 dings in the well used tailgate.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #16

Well, my 99 Sierra, 04 envoy and 07 Silverado all had the same scars on the front bumper passenger side. Kept hitting neighbor fence while backing boat into it's spot between deck and garage. Fence has nice lean to it now.

Same boat put dent in garage when I miss judged the opening. Oops.

2nd 07 Silverado, had for only a few months and backed it into a light post. The light post won.
Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
let my son drive it to high school. Nuff said.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #18

My 2017 Ram 2500 CTD had about 900 miles on it. Driving the speed limit (55 or less) on WA 14 (next to the Columbia River) when a deer jumped out of nowhere right in front of my truck. Hit him, then felt the front right wheel go over him, then the right rear and saw a dead deer fly up in the air behind me. Pulled over when it was safe to do so expecting my new truck to be all messed up. Had a smooth dent in the front right bumper. No other damage. An insurance claim and a $1500 auto shop work service returned it to new...

Moral? Don't play chicken with a 8,000 pound Ram.....
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #19

I laid my padlock on bumper then let tailgate down. Have a very small dimple in my 17 F-250 tailgate.
Loydmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #20

I was watching some dent repair videos on YouTube. Hot water and a toilet plunger can fix some dents.

Now, in my experience it was not easy to find a paintless dent repair guy. Two body shops did not have anyone. Gave me a number...but no return call. What I thought would be easy never hsppened. I traded that truck in on one with no current dents.

Putting items on the bumper. I have done so many stupid things putting things on the bumper I do not use it any more. A few days ago I put a screw driver on the bumper and my radar went off...stupid. I moved the screwdriver to my pocket.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr