Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #1

Jeep Wrangler Pick up

Will the new Jeep Wrangler pick up be a work horse or just a look good novelty
maybe with some diesel torque yeh some old school, a Jeep Truck
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #2

Should be a good work horse but the Jeep platform may not be ideal for towing something like a TT.
VernDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would love to have one but I do think it's going to be more of a novelty than a real work truck. I say that because I have 2017 JK Wrangler with a payload of 865 pounds and towing capacity of 3500 pounds and from what I understand it basically going to be JL frame with a different body.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:55 AM   #4

The wrangler family has been a staple work/go most any place family outing vehicle. With a little longer WB I think it would be a little better suited for hauling then the Diesel Grand C. That I had the pleasure to talking with gentleman about it towing, he was please. Sounded like they had a couple trips. The TT was about the 25 ft. class. I thank if they put a diesel in it won't appeal to the family outing forest/logging road cruisers. High output gasser would appeal to rv'er also. Jeep pickup of old day 60, 70's I believe full size then the Chrysler......they have a second chance to do Jeep proud. we'll see.

CWSWine I just notice I spoke about both of you Jeeps but, no harm I have a 98 GC 105K set up to be towed by my Class C conversion, My jeep will go any direction I point it
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote