RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #1

Loading 24' Enclosed Help

Hello,

We recently purchased a used Carson Racer 24' enclosed trailer to haul all of our desert toys. We need to load a Polaris Razor 4 seater, 250 Quad, two small kids quads, a 250 dirt bike, and a small klx 110 pit bike. Just looking for some advice on how to properly load these in the trailer. We will be towing with a 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B with a Workhorse Chassis.

Thanks,

Rob
brunson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2020, 02:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunson67 View Post
Hello,

We recently purchased a used Carson Racer 24' enclosed trailer to haul all of our desert toys. We need to load a Polaris Razor 4 seater, 250 Quad, two small kids quads, a 250 dirt bike, and a small klx 110 pit bike. Just looking for some advice on how to properly load these in the trailer. We will be towing with a 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B with a Workhorse Chassis.

Thanks,

Rob
Have a buddy we go to the desert with who tows a 24' enclosed behind his class A, he loads 4 Polaris 110 kids quads in the front and a Rzr 1000 4 seater behind them, hasnt mentioned any issues towing but he also had his receiver reinforced, no idea what his hitch weight is. I would be curious to see how yours tows, i will be towing an 18' carson with a Polaris ranger, 90 quad, ttr 125, crf 50 and a go cart, as soon as I find the right deal on an enclosed trailer, with out '07 Fiesta 34B, f53 chassis though.
SoCalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalWarrior View Post
Have a buddy we go to the desert with who tows a 24' enclosed behind his class A, he loads 4 Polaris 110 kids quads in the front and a Rzr 1000 4 seater behind them, hasnt mentioned any issues towing but he also had his receiver reinforced, no idea what his hitch weight is. I would be curious to see how yours tows, i will be towing an 18' carson with a Polaris ranger, 90 quad, ttr 125, crf 50 and a go cart, as soon as I find the right deal on an enclosed trailer, with out '07 Fiesta 34B, f53 chassis though.
Hey there, thanks for the response!

The original owner of my Coach also had the hitch reinforced with thick wall box tubing, which is cool, but I also don't have a spare now, which is a different project! LOL

I was thinking all three quads go in the front, then the RZR 4 seater, then the dirt bikes in the back, so pretty much the same as your buddy with exception the dirt bikes. This will be our first desert trip towing this trailer and with our new RZR Turbo S. Getting ready to do new Dynomax mufflers, and do the Ultra RV ECM and Plug wire and plugs upgrade. This all should really spark up the 8.1. Also looking for any input on a weight distribution/sway control system.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:21 PM   #4

I have an 8.5x20 and hauled a 4 seat 1000 rzr and motorcycles, generator, propane, firewood etc. you just have to be creative and you will figure it out. I have had people ask me how i got everything in there.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #5

As said above you will need to get creative. You will be amazed at what you can load into some of these trailers. I have 18ft trailer that I custom ordered with plenty of tie downs for about any situation. Want to ensure that your toys are secured properly and you get a distribution of weight in the trailer with approximately 10% of the total weight on the tongue to help prevent trailer sway going down the road. I secure most of my toys either by the wheel or hub so that I take the suspension out of the equation to prevent the straps from coming loose. Good luck and sounds like fun is in your near future!
Old 09-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auztone View Post
As said above you will need to get creative. You will be amazed at what you can load into some of these trailers. I have 18ft trailer that I custom ordered with plenty of tie downs for about any situation. Want to ensure that your toys are secured properly and you get a distribution of weight in the trailer with approximately 10% of the total weight on the tongue to help prevent trailer sway going down the road. I secure most of my toys either by the wheel or hub so that I take the suspension out of the equation to prevent the straps from coming loose. Good luck and sounds like fun is in your near future!
I ordered 40 feet of e-track, hopefully installing this weekend, with the large backing plates that go underneath for more surface area to make sure its secure. I'll be running 20 feet down each side inline with the tires of the RZR. This will allow me to move it however I need to get everything to fit. And yes, took every ones advice and ordered wheel nets to secure the RZR from the tires. I'm worried about getting the load distribution correct in the trailer, I read you should use the 60/40 rule, 60 percent of your weight is in front of the axles and 40 percent above/behind. Not sure if this is practical. Also wondering how a load distribution/say system would help.