Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Click on this link to a Chevy 30-page PDF file:
http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...ck_Catalog.pdf

Scroll down to the next to last page in the PDF file, then scroll over to the right side of the page to find the 3500 HD pickup with diesel engine.

GCWR:
CrewCab 4x4 diesel = 23,500
CrewCab 4x2 diesel = 22,000
Thank you again! I looked at that exact document but didn't scroll all the way to the end. I just gave up looking for the GCWR. lol

Well, we did the math between the 2008 450 (which are so plentiful around here) and the 2011/2012 Fords/Chevy/GMC. When we factored in gas mileage, the new trucks aren't that much more expensive per month than the old.

So we're thinking new (or 2011 used gently) so that we can have plenty of truck, good mileage, and a warranty. Since we're not truck ppl yet (or mechanical) that warranty is worth the extra price I think. Peace of mind and all that.

In looking at all the newer Fords, GMCs, and Chevy's (sorry Dodge, your mileage seems too low) they're all neck to neck in terms of towing capacity and mileage. And after doing a ton of math, any of them would work for our needs.

I also joined the forum of the brand we're looking at and had the folks who are towing the exact model we want confirm that the trucks we're looking at now will work. More peace of mind.

So it's time for more test driving. Then maybe a hint of haggling.

Thanks so much to everyone for answering our questions. I really appreciate your help and guidance! I hope to have a truck and 5-er listed in my signature very soon.
EricandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!