Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2022, 02:38 PM   #85

Ram seems to have upped their game a bit. Build times are getting shorter as well as deliveries. Mine is somewhere on a train now, due to the dealer @ 02-03-22

Congrats @shoozy on your truck!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #86

Thanks! To add-no “surcharge” from my dealer ( but no f&f preferred pricing either, courtesy of Stelantis). I’m a satisfied customer, and looking forward to dragging Betty out, as soon as I get my forgotten sleeve adapter for the class V, arriving in five days...
Shoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:03 PM   #87

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidalgo View Post
12/27/2021 Truck Shipment Update

Finally got info on my F350 shipment from FORD SD plant in KY, from the dealer this morning on the CSX railroad car it was shipped on. Actually sent me a screenshot of my truck's VVR.
Do not think he liked the tone of my text message...been a long, aggravating, info-lacking 6 months waiting on this truck to get DONE. No particular person or organization to point a finger at, but communication between FORD - Dealerships - and Customers sucks and the lack of anyone taking charge and making an effort to fix it is seriously lacking.

Called the CSX Railroad info line this morning and they said it was headed to Baldwin, FL today.
Just called them back this evening and they said it arrived in Baldwin, FL this evening around 6:30!

Now, it goes East to the rail yard in Jacksonville, FL then onto a transport truck to the dealer here in St. Augustine.

I'll call them back in the AM and see if anything has changed.
It would be great to have this thing by the time I go back to work next week so we could finally get a camping trip done in our new Alliance sometime in January, but I'm not holding my breath.
We'll see...

One more hurdle crossed.

*Bill*

01/09/2022

Got word from my dealer today that my truck is "On the Ramp" up in Jacksonville, FL. I can only guess it is at the CSX rail yard up there. He is "hopeful" delivery will be this week.
The truck is scheduled for delivery this coming Thursday, 1/13! Been on order since June 25th,
Built December 21st and has been sitting 55 miles West of me since December 27th in Baldwin, FL waiting for it to be moved on to Jacksonville
They have to transport it down here to me in St. Augustine, about 45 miles away.

Anxious to get this thing and start pulling that RV of mine!
Bhidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:26 PM   #88

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhidalgo View Post
01/09/2022

got word from my dealer today that my truck is "on the ramp" up in jacksonville, fl. I can only guess it is at the csx rail yard up there. He is "hopeful" delivery will be this week.
The truck is scheduled for delivery this coming thursday, 1/13! Been on order since june 25th,
built december 21st and has been sitting 55 miles west of me since december 27th in baldwin, fl waiting for it to be moved on to jacksonville
they have to transport it down here to me in st. Augustine, about 45 miles away.

Anxious to get this thing and start pulling that rv of mine!
01/12/2022
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 Front.png
Views:	37
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	353675
After 200 days of waiting since the order was placed, which included:

*Minimal updates and communications from the dealer.
*Removing Adaptive Steering from the order
*Resubmitting the order twice because the dealer messed up
*Production date getting bumped 8 times
*Delivery date getting bumped 2 times

My 2022 * F-350 * 4x4 * SWB * Lariat * 6.7L Diesel * Super Duty Truck showed up at my dealer late this afternoon ** finally.

It showed up on the original delivery date I was given. This was 4 days prior to the delivery date Ford online showed me earlier today that it would be delivered.
I won't get to see it until tomorrow and likely not complete the deal until Friday morning. Pesky work is getting in the way.

So, after getting the hitch installed NEXT Friday, hood deflector stuck on, and tonneau cover put on I may be able to FINALLY take possession of my fifth wheel from its home away from home the past 3 1/2 months next Friday or Saturday. That will give me a few weeks to learn how to use the truck and all its toys, AND take a crash course on how to park and handle a 36ft fifth wheel for the first time. Why is two weeks so important? WELL...because we have our FIRST camping trip planned the weekend of 1/27 - 1/30 down at a KOA in Orlando. I would have preferred somewhere else but that trip has been planned for several months and has been moved around as many times while waiting on the truck.

Ford Ordering process and issues I faced:
The order process was not that bad. No money down at the dealer back last June when I placed it. About a month after ordering it I had to send a copy of my license and sign my order so that Ford would know a buyer, not a dealer in disguise, had placed the order for the truck.

As for delays for the actual build once it hit the plant, I was lucky and did not have one of the trucks that was built, then had to sit and wait on a chip or something else in short supply. Once mine hit the Assembly line on or about 12/20 it was done and out the door by 12/21. Then after all the 'stuff' they do to them after being built it was loaded onto a CSX rail car on 12/26 and made it down here to Baldwin, FL on 12/27. It sat there until today when they trucked it to me 55 miles away.

I can't say I won't ever do this again to buy a truck but I only hope this is the worst it will ever get doing so. The waiting and no word and no firm dates for much of anything dealing with the build has been the most frustrating. But hopefully it'll be able to do what my 250 can't do safely at the moment, which is pull the fifth wheel safely.

Until next time...
Old 01-12-2022, 07:38 PM   #89

Glad your wait is almost over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidalgo View Post
01/12/2022
Attachment 353675
After 200 days of waiting since the order was placed, which included:

*Minimal updates and communications from the dealer.
*Removing Adaptive Steering from the order
*Resubmitting the order twice because the dealer messed up
*Production date getting bumped 8 times
*Delivery date getting bumped 2 times

My 2022 * F-350 * 4x4 * SWB * Lariat * 6.7L Diesel * Super Duty Truck showed up at my dealer late this afternoon ** finally.

It showed up on the original delivery date I was given. This was 4 days prior to the delivery date Ford online showed me earlier today that it would be delivered.
I won't get to see it until tomorrow and likely not complete the deal until Friday morning. Pesky work is getting in the way.

So, after getting the hitch installed NEXT Friday, hood deflector stuck on, and tonneau cover put on I may be able to FINALLY take possession of my fifth wheel from its home away from home the past 3 1/2 months next Friday or Saturday. That will give me a few weeks to learn how to use the truck and all its toys, AND take a crash course on how to park and handle a 36ft fifth wheel for the first time. Why is two weeks so important? WELL...because we have our FIRST camping trip planned the weekend of 1/27 - 1/30 down at a KOA in Orlando. I would have preferred somewhere else but that trip has been planned for several months and has been moved around as many times while waiting on the truck.

Ford Ordering process and issues I faced:
The order process was not that bad. No money down at the dealer back last June when I placed it. About a month after ordering it I had to send a copy of my license and sign my order so that Ford would know a buyer, not a dealer in disguise, had placed the order for the truck.

As for delays for the actual build once it hit the plant, I was lucky and did not have one of the trucks that was built, then had to sit and wait on a chip or something else in short supply. Once mine hit the Assembly line on or about 12/20 it was done and out the door by 12/21. Then after all the 'stuff' they do to them after being built it was loaded onto a CSX rail car on 12/26 and made it down here to Baldwin, FL on 12/27. It sat there until today when they trucked it to me 55 miles away.

I can't say I won't ever do this again to buy a truck but I only hope this is the worst it will ever get doing so. The waiting and no word and no firm dates for much of anything dealing with the build has been the most frustrating. But hopefully it'll be able to do what my 250 can't do safely at the moment, which is pull the fifth wheel safely.

Until next time...
Congratulations. Hope all goes well with the delivery process and as you get your trailer.
PacoWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:50 AM   #90

Angry

Share your frustration. I ordered my Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LT Duramax back in mid September. Rcvd confirmation truck was built the week after Thanksgiving at GM’s reopened plant up in Ottawa. Last update from dealer was the truck was “bayed to ship” last week of Dec (they sent me the screenshot of the status). No movement since, dealer is expecting 3 more 2500’s from that plant as well as 5 more from the Flint MI plant. I think all but one of the incoming trucks are already sold so the dealer is anxious to get them on the lot. I’ve done dealer searches within 200 miles and no Chevy dealers have gotten any of the Ottawa built trucks in yet, everything shows “in transit”. I realize nothing is normal any more but this $&*@ is frustrating!
txdutt0629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:22 PM   #91

I got word that my truck would hit the shipping yard in Saltillo Mexico on January 13th, and that's what happened. Even better, it caught a train the next day. Apparently some peoples' trucks were losing a week or more waiting to get loaded. The salesman then advised me their usual experience indicated my truck will hit the final train yard on January 27th. From there, it's anywhere from 1 to 12 days to make it to the dealer by car hauler. If he's correct about all this, I'll see the truck on February 8th. This will be about 16 weeks from placing the order. The truck is a RAM 3500 SRW long box Limited with heavy options.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sky View Post
I got word that my truck would hit the shipping yard in Saltillo Mexico on January 13th, and that's what happened. Even better, it caught a train the next day. Apparently some peoples' trucks were losing a week or more waiting to get loaded. The salesman then advised me their usual experience indicated my truck will hit the final train yard on January 27th. From there, it's anywhere from 1 to 12 days to make it to the dealer by car hauler. If he's correct about all this, I'll see the truck on February 8th. This will be about 16 weeks from placing the order. The truck is a RAM 3500 SRW long box Limited with heavy options.
What part of the country are you from? I'm in New England and waiting on a train too! Dealer thought maybe next Monday but who knows, evidently I left Mexico on Jan 6th. Not really expecting it till early to mid February but maybe I'll be surprised!
Old 01-19-2022, 09:25 AM   #93

I ordered an F-350 in early July. I dropped the bedliner, running boards, adaptive steering, and tonneau cover in October and finally got a vin in November. I’m scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks. They say I might get the truck late Feb but I expect March. It has been quite a journey. I refused to drop the 5th wheel prep. Hopefully this truck actually arrives sooner than later.
Kevintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:37 AM   #94

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevintoo View Post
I ordered an F-350 in early July. I dropped the bedliner, running boards, adaptive steering, and tonneau cover in October and finally got a vin in November. I’m scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks. They say I might get the truck late Feb but I expect March. It has been quite a journey. I refused to drop the 5th wheel prep. Hopefully this truck actually arrives sooner than later.
For my F350, from Production Date (December 20/21) to day I took ownership (01/14) was 25 days. Dealer had told me to expect at least 20. Not bad considering mine was on order for 203 days. Good luck. It's worth the wait!
Old 01-20-2022, 05:33 PM   #95

Missed your question Firewall. I'm near Houston, south of I-10. I got another update from my salesman today. My truck hit the Pearland rail yard this morning at 8 a.m. That's it for rail travel, so the last bit is to get it on a car hauler and down the highway. They suggest it will get there in 7-10 days.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:38 PM   #96

I went by the dealership that I brought my 2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW diesel, I would like a SRW. He offered me $12,000 more dollars than I paid for the 2021 on a new 2022 SRW but he would not cut the price on the new truck. I would have to wait 3 to 4 months for the new truck. I decided it wasn’t worth the difference and kept the DRW. The fuel mileage is a little worse with the DRW.
spock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:22 AM   #97

Talked to my dealer yesterday, 12 weeks after ordering. I'm in Paint which means that it should be built by now headed to outside vendor for bed lining, power steps and deployable step install. It is scheduled to ship on Saturday. 2 weeks +/- train ride, then deliver to dealership. Should have it in 6-4 weeks. When I ordered they said to expect 16 weeks. Should be right on time. If it comes early though, I won't complain one bit.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #98

So found out my truck has been at GM’s third party upfitter for the factory bedliner and running boards. Outfit called Ground Effects there in Ottawa. At least no chip hold and truck was built exactly as ordered. Also found out it’ll have a short ride on the final transport leg by truck, the vehicle rail depot is only about 25 miles from the dealer (when it makes it’s way south).
txdutt0629 is offline   Reply With Quote