RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
I cannot believe that GM doesn’t offer this on an $80,000 truck, but you can get it on a $30,000 SUV...
No argument out of me. I was a little miffed about this.

But the cameras are awesome and so is the ride and just about everything else. The 2020 GM is a very solid package.

Edit: I do wonder whether it is more difficult to implement on something capable of towing a 20K fiver or whatever. I would want to make sure the tech was there for towing heavy before I put it in a truck like this, although it sounds like Ford managed to make it work.
jjackrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #58

New Truck Purchase Imminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackrash View Post
No argument out of me. I was a little miffed about this.

But the cameras are awesome and so is the ride and just about everything else. The 2020 GM is a very solid package.

Edit: I do wonder whether it is more difficult to implement on something capable of towing a 20K fiver or whatever. I would want to make sure the tech was there for towing heavy before I put it in a truck like this, although it sounds like Ford managed to make it work.

I have a buddy that tows a gooseneck for work at almost 20K lbs. with his 2018 F-350 and he said that even with a load, the ACC works like a charm.

But we do love the GMC too!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:32 PM   #59

I know styling is purely subjective. But I can't get past the looks of the 2020 Chevy HDs. If I was buying right now, it would be Ram or Ford.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
I know styling is purely subjective. But I can't get past the looks of the 2020 Chevy HDs. If I was buying right now, it would be Ram or Ford.
I dig the looks of mine. But, I agree, styling is subjective, and nobody is right or wrong on their preferences. You like what you like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4700.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	660.8 KB
ID:	296844  
jjackrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:48 AM   #61

Well Ford doesnít want to give you anything for trades and sure doesnít want to discount. The first dealership Iím talking to is only offering $3400 off of sticker on an $85000 truck and wants me to take $4000 under KBB on my trade.

Apparently the car business is doing well through the pandemic.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:12 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Now is not the time to be buying .. especially trucks ... there is a national truck shortage due to the shutdowns and for the life of me I canít figure out why , but people are buying like crazy. dealers donít have to ďdealĒ they can sell everything they can get in without. Give it a few months and maybe sanity will come back.
BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackrash View Post
I dig the looks of mine. But, I agree, styling is subjective, and nobody is right or wrong on their preferences. You like what you like.
Thats kinda not a chevy. Thats a gmc. Suprise.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #64

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Now is not the time to be buying .. especially trucks ... there is a national truck shortage due to the shutdowns and for the life of me I canít figure out why , but people are buying like crazy. dealers donít have to ďdealĒ they can sell everything they can get in without. Give it a few months and maybe sanity will come back.

Our dealers have been shipping trucks south of the border for awhile now. Must be lucrative and the dollar exchange would help too. Stock up here is disappearing quickly and obtaining certain models of trucks is getting difficult.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:36 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post

We shall see. I just want to know what all these people do for a living to be buying up $85K trucks with no discount.

Iím not even asking for anywhere near the best deal Iíve ever gotten. I want a 7% discount, the $1000 of rebates Iím eligible for (F Series Cash and Military) and $2000 BELOW KBB on my trade...

They are $4,200 off of the mark and not willing to budge...
Old 08-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #66

Quote:
We shall see. I just want to know what all these people do for a living to be buying up $85K trucks with no discount.

Iím not even asking for anywhere near the best deal Iíve ever gotten. I want a 7% discount, the $1000 of rebates Iím eligible for (F Series Cash and Military) and $2000 BELOW KBB on my trade...

They are $4,200 off of the mark and not willing to budge...
Many people just focus on the payments. and their 80k truck is financed for 7-8 years. When buying my truck in April, the dealership tried to get me into a $80K truck. My $52k truck has 1200 more payload than the $80k truck.

But that said, another dealership offered me $5,000 more than I paid for my truck to trade it in on a new $80k truck. They simply do not have much inventory, and what they do have they are selling for not many discounts.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #67

Anyone with a 2020 F-350 with 4.10s? Trying to see how much of a dive in mileage this would result in vs. the 3.55s. The inter web hasnít been very helpful...
Old 08-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #68

Quote:
I couldn’t find one around here with air suspension. I feel the GMC Denali actually has the best ride.

I don’t know if I’m being ridiculous with Adaptive Cruise Control being a deal breaker.
I had a couple must haves when I was truck shopping, air suspension and the surround cameras were two of them. Every time I drive the truck I'm glad I stuck to my guns. The ACC wasn't one my must haves, it would be now. I love it.

Rick
Riley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:40 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1 View Post
I had a couple must haves when I was truck shopping, air suspension and the surround cameras were two of them. Every time I drive the truck I'm glad I stuck to my guns. The ACC wasn't one my must haves, it would be now. I love it.

Rick

Air suspension can be added relatively easy and aftermarket is a steady state. Glad to hear you like yours, but I have heard some negatives with it compensating while going down the road.

I found the ride in the Ram that I drove very rough and the Aisin transmission was rough to me. The DW even made a comment about both of those from the passenger seat.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:47 PM   #70

Quote:
Anyone with a 2020 F-350 with 4.10s? Trying to see how much of a dive in mileage this would result in vs. the 3.55s. The inter web hasnít been very helpful...
unloaded mileage will be right around 1 MPG less with 4:10. I feel in the end its not a deal breaker compared to benefit if your doing any amount of towing. If your going to own this truck for a long time get the 4;10 chances are your going to get a heavier trailer . keep your highway speed to around 70mph unloaded you will not notice much differance. If you have a heavy foot the 3;55 empty will start to give you a bigger gain in mileage.
xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase