RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
I cannot believe that GM doesn’t offer this on an $80,000 truck, but you can get it on a $30,000 SUV...
No argument out of me. I was a little miffed about this.

But the cameras are awesome and so is the ride and just about everything else. The 2020 GM is a very solid package.

Edit: I do wonder whether it is more difficult to implement on something capable of towing a 20K fiver or whatever. I would want to make sure the tech was there for towing heavy before I put it in a truck like this, although it sounds like Ford managed to make it work.
jjackrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
HamboneTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 890
New Truck Purchase Imminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackrash View Post
No argument out of me. I was a little miffed about this.

But the cameras are awesome and so is the ride and just about everything else. The 2020 GM is a very solid package.

Edit: I do wonder whether it is more difficult to implement on something capable of towing a 20K fiver or whatever. I would want to make sure the tech was there for towing heavy before I put it in a truck like this, although it sounds like Ford managed to make it work.


I have a buddy that tows a gooseneck for work at almost 20K lbs. with his 2018 F-350 and he said that even with a load, the ACC works like a charm.

But we do love the GMC too!
__________________
Tommy, Tiffany and Trace (along with the 4-legged children: Lexus and Chance)
2005 Alpine Coach 40FDTS
HamboneTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:32 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: OKC
Posts: 420
I know styling is purely subjective. But I can't get past the looks of the 2020 Chevy HDs. If I was buying right now, it would be Ram or Ford.
__________________
2018 Minnie Winnie 25B
E450
DirtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
I know styling is purely subjective. But I can't get past the looks of the 2020 Chevy HDs. If I was buying right now, it would be Ram or Ford.
I dig the looks of mine. But, I agree, styling is subjective, and nobody is right or wrong on their preferences. You like what you like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4700.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	660.8 KB
ID:	296844  
jjackrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:48 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
HamboneTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 890
Well Ford doesnít want to give you anything for trades and sure doesnít want to discount. The first dealership Iím talking to is only offering $3400 off of sticker on an $85000 truck and wants me to take $4000 under KBB on my trade.

Apparently the car business is doing well through the pandemic.
__________________
Tommy, Tiffany and Trace (along with the 4-legged children: Lexus and Chance)
2005 Alpine Coach 40FDTS
HamboneTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:12 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
BillJinOR's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,162
Now is not the time to be buying .. especially trucks ... there is a national truck shortage due to the shutdowns and for the life of me I canít figure out why , but people are buying like crazy. dealers donít have to ďdealĒ they can sell everything they can get in without. Give it a few months and maybe sanity will come back.
__________________
2003 Beaver Marquis
American tow dolly or
2016 CargoMate Trailer
BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackrash View Post
I dig the looks of mine. But, I agree, styling is subjective, and nobody is right or wrong on their preferences. You like what you like.
Thats kinda not a chevy. Thats a gmc. Suprise.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Super Thirty's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: La Ronge, SK
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Now is not the time to be buying .. especially trucks ... there is a national truck shortage due to the shutdowns and for the life of me I canít figure out why , but people are buying like crazy. dealers donít have to ďdealĒ they can sell everything they can get in without. Give it a few months and maybe sanity will come back.


Our dealers have been shipping trucks south of the border for awhile now. Must be lucrative and the dollar exchange would help too. Stock up here is disappearing quickly and obtaining certain models of trucks is getting difficult.
__________________
John & Linda
2015 Timber Ridge 260RLS
2019 Ram 3500 Bighorn 6.7L Cummins
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:36 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
HamboneTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Now is not the time to be buying .. especially trucks ... there is a national truck shortage due to the shutdowns and for the life of me I canít figure out why , but people are buying like crazy. dealers donít have to ďdealĒ they can sell everything they can get in without. Give it a few months and maybe sanity will come back.


We shall see. I just want to know what all these people do for a living to be buying up $85K trucks with no discount.

Iím not even asking for anywhere near the best deal Iíve ever gotten. I want a 7% discount, the $1000 of rebates Iím eligible for (F Series Cash and Military) and $2000 BELOW KBB on my trade...

They are $4,200 off of the mark and not willing to budge...
__________________
Tommy, Tiffany and Trace (along with the 4-legged children: Lexus and Chance)
2005 Alpine Coach 40FDTS
HamboneTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
HDGoose's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
We shall see. I just want to know what all these people do for a living to be buying up $85K trucks with no discount.

Iím not even asking for anywhere near the best deal Iíve ever gotten. I want a 7% discount, the $1000 of rebates Iím eligible for (F Series Cash and Military) and $2000 BELOW KBB on my trade...

They are $4,200 off of the mark and not willing to budge...
Many people just focus on the payments. and their 80k truck is financed for 7-8 years. When buying my truck in April, the dealership tried to get me into a $80K truck. My $52k truck has 1200 more payload than the $80k truck.

But that said, another dealership offered me $5,000 more than I paid for my truck to trade it in on a new $80k truck. They simply do not have much inventory, and what they do have they are selling for not many discounts.
__________________
2020 Ram 3500 Diesel
2008 Cherokee WolfPack 295WP
HDGoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
HamboneTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 890
Anyone with a 2020 F-350 with 4.10s? Trying to see how much of a dive in mileage this would result in vs. the 3.55s. The inter web hasnít been very helpful...
__________________
Tommy, Tiffany and Trace (along with the 4-legged children: Lexus and Chance)
2005 Alpine Coach 40FDTS
HamboneTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
I couldn’t find one around here with air suspension. I feel the GMC Denali actually has the best ride.

I don’t know if I’m being ridiculous with Adaptive Cruise Control being a deal breaker.
I had a couple must haves when I was truck shopping, air suspension and the surround cameras were two of them. Every time I drive the truck I'm glad I stuck to my guns. The ACC wasn't one my must haves, it would be now. I love it.

Rick
Riley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:40 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
HamboneTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1 View Post
I had a couple must haves when I was truck shopping, air suspension and the surround cameras were two of them. Every time I drive the truck I'm glad I stuck to my guns. The ACC wasn't one my must haves, it would be now. I love it.

Rick


Air suspension can be added relatively easy and aftermarket is a steady state. Glad to hear you like yours, but I have heard some negatives with it compensating while going down the road.

I found the ride in the Ram that I drove very rough and the Aisin transmission was rough to me. The DW even made a comment about both of those from the passenger seat.
__________________
Tommy, Tiffany and Trace (along with the 4-legged children: Lexus and Chance)
2005 Alpine Coach 40FDTS
HamboneTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:47 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Foxboro Ma.
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
Anyone with a 2020 F-350 with 4.10s? Trying to see how much of a dive in mileage this would result in vs. the 3.55s. The inter web hasnít been very helpful...
unloaded mileage will be right around 1 MPG less with 4:10. I feel in the end its not a deal breaker compared to benefit if your doing any amount of towing. If your going to own this truck for a long time get the 4;10 chances are your going to get a heavier trailer . keep your highway speed to around 70mph unloaded you will not notice much differance. If you have a heavy foot the 3;55 empty will start to give you a bigger gain in mileage.
__________________
2015 42' Redwood RL38 Morryde IS , disk brakes, BD5
2020 GMC DRW 3500HD denali crew duramax
2001 Holiday Rambler 31' cks sold
xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
purchase



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Truck camper + pickup truck purchase dan_chi Truck Camper Discussion 28 12-01-2019 11:17 AM
Same Boat - New Truck (Fifth Wheel Purchase Suggestion) Patriot65 5th Wheel Discussion 154 04-26-2018 12:32 AM
Travel Trailer vs. 5th Wheel - Old Truck/New Truck jmlnarik iRV2.com General Discussion 11 12-13-2015 11:36 AM
New here. Looking to purchase a truck and TT. Opinions please. hdflhx Travel Trailer Discussion 19 11-03-2011 04:03 PM
Ordering a new truck and old truck's trade value Half Dimes Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 10 02-24-2011 01:19 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.