RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1 View Post
The Ram has 4 different distance settings. I find I never use the furthest setting and seldom the third but I'm not towing, I carry a truck camper at approximately 5400 lbs. I'm guessing each manufacturers distance settings are a little different.

Rick
Our expedition has 4 or 5 settings, I usually keep it on the longest distance. Still not enough for me. When the road goes off into the horizon, why do you need to be following someone within a few hundred yards?

It really is cool technology, but Iím still getting used to my cars shifting on their own; braking and accelerating on their own is really a weird feeling at first. I do think it is a little too quick to use the brakes, if it wouldnít follow so close, it could just let off the gas and coast instead of hitting the brakes.
LanceKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2020, 07:24 PM   #86

New Truck Purchase Imminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Congrats I think you will really like that truck. Especially the easier steering and the power

The ultimate trailer package - is that a 3" receiver with 2 reducers? If so, what is the weight rating on it? I think that is what I want to tow a heavy tongued travel trailer.

Thank you! I hope we continue to like it as much as the test drive!

No, thatís the little nob to assist with backing up and the advanced camera system.

Itís a 2.5Ē receiver with a reducer. I donít know weight rating. We donít tow anything too heavy via bumper pull.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #87

TUNDRA

The Toyota Tundra with the factory tow package is head and shoulders above any of the "big 3." A quick look at Consumer Reports will tell you that customer satisfaction, frequency of repairs needed, durability, power, and efficiency put the Tundra at the top of the list. I know a lot of people are very attached to American-made trucks, but they don't hold a candle to the Tundra (which is, I think, assembled in America anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
So, due to used car pricing, our situation has changed and it is now more advantageous to make a move in the next 30-60 days. Looking at the 3 Majors in the 350/3500 DRW configuration.

I know biases will come into play, but looking for thoughts and opinions, especially from those that own any of the 2020 350/3500 trucks.

Thanks everyone in advance!
PLDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboneTHW View Post
Thanks for this! I will see if anyone has one coming in anytime soon.
They are unicorns! I haven't driven one, but have heard it said, "don't drive one if you can't afford it"!

I just bought a 2020 F-350 Lariat DRW. Long bed, 6.7 Powerstroke.

Rides better than my previous F-250. 5300 lbs + payload. Beast of a truck. Love it!
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #89

I hope you enjoy that kr!
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:29 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLDieter View Post
The Toyota Tundra with the factory tow package is head and shoulders above any of the "big 3." A quick look at Consumer Reports will tell you that customer satisfaction, frequency of repairs needed, durability, power, and efficiency put the Tundra at the top of the list. I know a lot of people are very attached to American-made trucks, but they don't hold a candle to the Tundra (which is, I think, assembled in America anyway.)

I had no brand loyalty in this, but Toyota doesnít make a diesel or a DRW truck. Until they do and until the can comfortably two better than 20K lbs., they arenít even in the conversation for the type rig we have.

With that being said, I donít know the last time you looked at the Big 3. These trucks are ridiculously capable.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:30 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiejack75 View Post
They are unicorns! I haven't driven one, but have heard it said, "don't drive one if you can't afford it"!

I just bought a 2020 F-350 Lariat DRW. Long bed, 6.7 Powerstroke.

Rides better than my previous F-250. 5300 lbs + payload. Beast of a truck. Love it!

Thanks! I have to drive 335 miles each way to get it today, so Iíd say Iíll start getting used to it quick.

We are excited for sure! Comfort was the biggest factor for us. Glad you are liking yours.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:32 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
I hope you enjoy that kr!

Thank you! We had a 2015 F-150 KR and loved it. Wife isnít in love with the lighter colored seats, but Iím sure they will grow on her. She does love the massage seat feature, though
Old 08-14-2020, 07:49 AM   #93

Ford build feature

I've ordered the last 5 ford trucks that I've purchased. You can order a lot of things that aren't listed on the build feature. If you can find a salesman willing to spend the time with you, there a lot of options available that you can't find on the build feature.
rogerray45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #94

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1069.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	594.6 KB
ID:	297183Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1071.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	474.9 KB
ID:	297184
Old 08-14-2020, 08:33 PM   #95

It drives better than any 3/4 or 1 ton Iíve ever driven; smooth, quiet and incredible power.

Driving 75 to 80 and into a headwind for 1/2 the trip, trip meter is showing 16.1 mpg with 4.10s. Iím definitely not mad at that.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #96

Awesome!
jjackrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #97

Hambone and jjack - both you guys make me jealous with your new dually trucks. You know you guys can't relate to all the towing trouble us normal people are having...

I miss my dually simple because it could tow anything I could afford. Now with my F-250 6.2 there are trailers that are too big...ugh.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Hambone and jjack - both you guys make me jealous with your new dually trucks. You know you guys can't relate to all the towing trouble us normal people are having...

I miss my dually simple because it could tow anything I could afford. Now with my F-250 6.2 there are trailers that are too big...ugh.

That 6.7 paired with the 10 speed is very impressive! The drive back from the dealership was 335 miles, so I got a decent feel. I love how quiet it is.

Tags
purchase