Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 08:22 AM   #1

New York third state to allow only zero emmision vehicles by 2035.

Interesting article.

https://electrek.co/2021/04/27/new-y...re-onto-cuomo/
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #2

This doesn't surprise me. New York collects enormous revenues by taxing its utility companies. The tax is passed on to the ratepayers. It is done in a manner that the ratepayer doesn't even know he's being taxed. Forcing vehicle operators onto the electric grid is one way that New York hopes to sustain it's massive debt.
move on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Only permit the SALE of NEW passenger vehicles that are Zero Emission. Used vehicles are not affected. Hybrids are not zero emission. Nothing in the bill would exempt a resident from buying a used car in an neighboring state and transferring it into NY. There might be a great business opportunity here to facilitate those transactions.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
Only permit the SALE of NEW passenger vehicles that are Zero Emission. Used vehicles are not affected. Hybrids are not zero emission. Nothing in the bill would exempt a resident from buying a used car in an neighboring state and transferring it into NY. There might be a great business opportunity here to facilitate those transactions.
I have no doubt that will happen. But by 2035 how many car manufacturers will still be designing compelling cars that run on gas or diesel. I think the pickins will be pretty slim. And for that matter, by 2035 who would want one...which ties back to the first statement.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:55 AM   #5

When in highschool my buddy and I would drive around couple hours before school towing folks stuck in the snow (WY) for extra fast cash

Hummmmmmmmm
Large Gen in truck bed.......drive around and do 'roadside' charging of vehicles that 'died' on the side of the road?????
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
When in highschool my buddy and I would drive around couple hours before school towing folks stuck in the snow (WY) for extra fast cash

Hummmmmmmmm
Large Gen in truck bed.......drive around and do 'roadside' charging of vehicles that 'died' on the side of the road?????
Heh heh. Neat idea. But it doesn’t happen much. EV’s have gauges just like gas cars. Of course there are lots of morons out there sooooooo...maybe. Lol. .
Old 04-29-2021, 10:08 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

Hummmmmmmmm
So why do you believe that will be a bigger problem than people who now run out of gas along the road in ICE powered vehicles?
Old 04-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
So why do you believe that will be a bigger problem than people who now run out of gas along the road in ICE powered vehicles?
Lighten up dude, he was just joking.
F4Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Lighten up dude, he was just joking.
If someone is joking, it should be obvious. I have seen several other posts say something similar to this. So people who are anti electric vehicles dont believe dead batteries will be a problem. That is good to know.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:21 AM   #10

I can just see it now. With cars gone in 2035 New Yorkers will all be driving around in diesel trucks.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
I can just see it now. With cars gone in 2035 New Yorkers will all be driving around in diesel trucks.
Hmmm. I’m not sure it reads that way. Older vehicles sure. But new still has to be zero emmision. So hydrogen, electric.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Not just cars. ANY vehicle with an internal combustion engine. Same as California and a few other states now...no new vehicle with an internal combustion engine will be allowed to be sold.

I truly hope that battery technology and the infrastructure to support all-electric vehicles is good enough by then to do this....but I have my doubts.
deserteagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle5 View Post
Not just cars. ANY vehicle with an internal combustion engine. Same as California and a few other states now...no new vehicle with an internal combustion engine will be allowed to be sold.

I truly hope that battery technology and the infrastructure to support all-electric vehicles is good enough by then to do this....but I have my doubts.
I can almost guarantee that it won't happen.

How about an electric pickup with a 10kw diesel generator in the bed. Does that qualify as an EV?
Old 04-29-2021, 11:58 AM   #14

Quote:
I can almost guarantee that it won't happen.

How about an electric pickup with a 10kw diesel generator in the bed. Does that qualify as an EV?
Nope. The vehicle itself has to be emission free. So hydrogen, battery etc etc.