Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
Pullrite Superglide Hitch Clunking

Does anyone have a pullrite hitch and does it do this? We have only towed about 1000 miles with it so far and it seems to have a bit of "slop" and play in the main pivot. I sent this video to pullrite just now so I'll keep you posted what they say.
The video Link is here.
jeromebraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 03:42 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have what appears to be the exact same hitch (4400). It's brand new. It does pretty much exactly the same thing and has a "clunk" to it. There's a stop you can adjust, but the slop seems to be between those two "pads" that ride on the metal rails.

This is my first 5th wheel and I expected some additional play with the auto-slider, but this is largely play in the "tow" position.

Extensive discussion on the problem here:
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: SuperGlide Owners – Am I the ONLY one with this problem?

I registered my hitch and got a reply from PullRite.. I'd need to take a video before asking them about this issue.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #3

I have that same clunk. Had my slider for almost 3 years now. Just changed my kingpin back in june. Got the new flex-air pin. No change in the clunk bur rides better now.
brbohica94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
I just got a reply from PullRite today that said

Thanks for your email. You mentioned you had adjusted the forward stop and that it didn't do anything. I'm not sure how tightly you have that adjusted, but it should be snug enough that is very hard to move the hitch plate forward and back on the silver way tubes. Snug enough that you have to be in the back of the truck with both hands on either side of that hitch plate putting some muscle into it to pop it out of forward.

If it is that snug, then I would suggest checking where your trailer brakes are set. You should be able to feel without a doubt that the trailer is what's doing the stopping, not the truck. Keeping in mind that the trailer brakes won't have enough time to activate at slow stops and starts and or in stop and go traffic. In that instance, you will feel more chucking.

There will always be some kind of movement at that point, and if checking these things and adjusting if needed doesn't not make a difference, let us know and we try to diagnose things further

So i don't think I have it anywhere near tight enough because if I take a corner pretty hard or stop without the trailer, the hitch slams around. I'm going to tighten and see what happens.
jeromebraga is offline   Reply With Quote