Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We're not talking about retrofitting a complete Kelderman system. Different animal than what the lay person will buy off Amazon.
Even lighter spring pacs would work. If the airbag is carrying the load all you need the spring for is to locate the axle. Doesnt matter if theyre from amazon or not but you dont need 5000lb spring packs to locate an axle.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2021, 12:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
Even lighter spring pacs would work. If the airbag is carrying the load all you need the spring for is to locate the axle. Doesnt matter if theyre from amazon or not but you dont need 5000lb spring packs to locate an axle.
Or better yet, leave the stock suspension alone and let it do its job. My Ram 3500 rides great when loaded. It's stiff unloaded, but that's the tradeoff I agreed to take when I moved up to a bigger truck. I knew it before I bought the truck and have gotten used to it. Got to choose the battle.
Nlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Airing down the tires and airing up the tires is a hassle. When I had a F-450 I just got use to the ride which I did not mind. Acutally I kinda liked it. The long wheebase helps smooth the ride some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulNSerenity View Post
Really? I don't think so. Tire pressure is something that needs to be check & adjusted 3 or 4 times a year anyway.
Yes, changing tire pressure every time you go from towing to not towing is a hassle. This is not 3-4 times a year, this might be every day. Why add that hassle?

For others, 3-4 times a year is not enough. I check all of my pressures (14 tires) each time I hook up if we have been stationary for more than a few days.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Or better yet, leave the stock suspension alone and let it do its job. My Ram 3500 rides great when loaded. It's stiff unloaded, but that's the tradeoff I agreed to take when I moved up to a bigger truck. I knew it before I bought the truck and have gotten used to it. Got to choose the battle.
Factory suspension on these trucks is the cheapest thing the maker can put on them and get them out the door. Its pitiful really. A semi can go down the road carrying way more and still ride way better because of the adjustable air suspension. There doesnt need to be a trade off, its just what they give us.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #19

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broland13 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I lowered the fronts to 60psi, went to lower the rears and I was amazed at how they did NOT install the stems correctly (opposite each other for the inside tires). I'm going to have to get the special tool to reach the stems on the rears. Gonna give that a shot and then the load in the rear if necessary.

Great forum! Thanks for the guidance.
On both of my RAM dually trucks , the stems need to be aligned together. There are five slots in the wheels . If 180 degrees apart , the inner one in not accessible at all.
Charlie
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #20

sulastic rear shackles. is the direction I am going to smooth out my 3500 for daily driver. leave the stock springs add a rubber pivot shackle to the rear hanger . They are just over $500 for the part , slightly changes your ride height unloaded . No effect on height loaded and still the same load compacity. Guys are using them on F450 and claim its a great improvement. you can find them on Amazon or the factory web page.

https://www.sulastic.com/

they list them for cab and chassis trucks not sure if they can be used in pickups