Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #1

Shopping for first rig HELP!

Need a truck for work as well as just needing a truck and I only have 9k to spend , now I will be doing alot of HWY driving for work and dragging a toyhauler ... the first truck is an 08 longbed extrcab 2wd duramax with 223k on the clock with a price tag of 9,999 2ND truck is a 06 extracab shortbed duramax with 223 on it with service records from day one and it is also about ten grand is this a good price or good trucks for me??? any thoughts??? thanks
ChaunceyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #2

You don't say if the trailer is a 5th or TT. That would make a big difference. Are they both SW? Does either of them have a towing package?
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #3

Both trucks are single rear wheel and 06 is short box and 08 is long box and the trailer is going to be a toyhauler thanks for the help
Old 10-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #4

Maybe read it again. Is the toy hauler a 5th wheel or a TT? And how heavy is the toy hauler loaded? With this we may be able to help you.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #5

Location: Recently moved to Arkansas and set my RV on my 25 acres until my new house is built.
The article,"Before You Buy - It's not rocket science" would be a good place to start. I think it may help you understand what to look for.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cyclone Dave,

Thanks for the link- I've saved it.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #7

Oh duh sorry it is a bumper pull I belive a 31' box and 33 or so total max weight of 14k with my girfriend and I and our two quads and all fluids we tipped the scale at 9,566 ready to camp hope this helps thanks again ! oh and is 4wd a big deal , I live in socal so most the camping we woud do would be here in the local and high deserts ......
Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #8

Location: Recently moved to Arkansas and set my RV on my 25 acres until my new house is built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaunceyL View Post
Oh duh sorry it is a bumper pull I belive a 31' box and 33 or so total max weight of 14k with my girfriend and I and our two quads and all fluids we tipped the scale at 9,566 ready to camp hope this helps thanks again ! oh and is 4wd a big deal , I live in socal so most the camping we woud do would be here in the local and high deserts ......
The article I mentioned above applies to all tow vehicles towing any trailer.