Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 07:16 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I filled up with after using 57 gallons. I stopped at a TA Truck Stop. TA Price at the pump was $298.99. Using the TSD Open Roads card I save $42.42.
The trouble I have found with truckstops is that they are at least .50 cents higher than Walmart or Murphy. I live at exit 364 on I-40, the Pilot/Flying J has diesel at $5.95 credit card, a half mile diesel is $5.54 a gallon. 10 miles away the diesel is $5.35. I look for cheap diesel when I stop for the night. The first stop on my way west is Pigeon Forge TN, diesel at Murphy’s or Walmart is $4.99 right now. My PenFed card gives me 5% off. I do buy def at truckstops but not diesel
spock12 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 08:11 PM   #100

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2084 View Post
We just finished a 2 week, 3K mile trip from Calgary AB area to northern AZ and back, crossing Montana, Idaho, Utah, and dipping into Arizona.
Wow!

That driving to relaxing ratio is way too high for me!
Old 05-25-2022, 09:24 PM   #101

It appears prices are inching down. Shortage shmortage.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 09:41 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2084 View Post
….I use the free GasBuddy app on my phone….. GasBuddy is your friend.

My wife used gas buddy years ago. Can you tell if a station has truck islands? My old i-phone 7 is running out of space. Lol
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 02:28 AM   #103

Rob-M - you really need a new phone as they all come with more storage and crazy megapixel cameras. Oh, and bigger 5,000 milliamp batteries. I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy A73. The Google Pixel also. That is if you dont want to be just another isheep.

Oh, Samsung is going to have faster storage in the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

My next phone just might be a refurbished Motorola Z4 Play.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 04:41 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
I don't fault the oil companies for high prices. Two years ago they were all losing money during the covid lockdowns. Now they're making money. Good for them. I don't see them making any more money than any other large companies. We should be thanking them for bringing us this product that has created modern civilization and made us all wealthy.
There is evidence of interest in oil production by private equity. In addition share prices of oil field support companies such a Halliburton, Baker Hughes, and others have been on an upward trend this last year indicating investor expectations of more drilling.
Fogbelly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 10:00 AM   #105

Monaco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Wow!

That driving to relaxing ratio is way too high for me!
Nah, it wasn't too bad. We're not retired so if we want to see amazing places got to put some miles on.

We had 5 nights in Moab, UT, and 4 nights at Zion Nat. Park, so was fine. Was a great trip all around, except for two travel days with high winds, 40-50MPH was crazy. Good "character building" experience though driving the coach in those conditions.
RoadTrip2084 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 10:03 AM   #106

Monaco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
My wife used gas buddy years ago. Can you tell if a station has truck islands? My old i-phone 7 is running out of space. Lol
No, you can't. But you can get the location/directions to the station (opens in your gmap or Apple Maps app), and then use satellite view to zoom in and check things out to see the lay of the land.

On this trip we tried filling up everywhere, from a small Walmart island (we made it without having to unhook the toad), to a truck stop island amongst the big rigs. It's certainly nice to fill up with the faster truck stop pumps vs the slow as molasses Walmart ones. But I'm cheap that way.
RoadTrip2084 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 10:11 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock12 View Post
I’m leaving 4 June from North Carolina to Yellowstone for 6 weeks. I have a 3500 GMC dually that gets a little more than 10 miles to the gallon. DW is concerned that there may be a diesel shortage. I have a 100gal auxiliary tank and I’m not to worried but DW is. I was just reading tonight about a diesel shortage on the east coast maybe this summer. I had budgeted $4 bucks a gallon for diesel, that gone. I brought some cheap diesel a few days ago, whoever thought cheap diesel would be $5.25 a gallon

No fuel shortages are forecast. The sky is not falling. Diesel prices have been predicted to as much as $10/G though.
Even Coke products are now 30% higher than one year ago.

As far as the Gas Buddy app, and the TSD card, they have notified users that due to extremely fast price changes, what is shown may not be correct.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #108
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
So, if my math is correct, with the TSD discount you only paid $4.50 per gallon? :math edit
Close! Pump price was $298.99. I paid $261.46. Their invoice said I saved $42.42. I'm not going to argue with their math, but my math comes out to $4.587..... So yep, your math was close.

Here is what they said:
The $0.65 is "RV Transaction Fee"
The $4.24 is "Fee for reimbursement"
The 261.46 is what they drafted from my bank.

I'm extremely satisfied with their math.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invoice.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	366646  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #109

Well I made it to Yellowstone and found diesel everywhere, no shortage on prices. Just my luck got to Yellowstone and the park was closed. Hopefully I’ll get in the park next Thursday, my license plate is a off number. Just my luck my hundred gallon auxiliary tank leaked but I can still get 70 gallons in the tank. The most I have paid so far is $5.75 a gallon. Brought diesel yesterday cheap around here at $5.53, $450 bucks. I’m getting a new auxiliary tank when I get back and getting a fuel card. I got 10.2 mpg running at 70 mph, going back I’m slowly down to 60 mph to see if I get any better mileage. The cheapest diesel I have found was in Missouri. Anyway it’s been a fun trip and granddaughter has had a great time so far. I’ll plan another trip to Yellowstone next year, maybe diesel will be cheaper
spock12 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 03:13 PM   #110

Good luck slowing down. Semi's changing lanes to get around you - see if you like that.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 05:30 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock12 View Post
Well I made it to Yellowstone and found diesel everywhere, no shortage on prices. Just my luck got to Yellowstone and the park was closed. Hopefully I’ll get in the park next Thursday, my license plate is a off number.
Sometimes while on the road, it is a good idea to occasionally flip on CNN on the web browser and see what is happening in the world. That Yellowstone closure has been front page news for nearly a week now, MAJOR flooding and many of the roads in and around the park aren't just flooded, they are GONE b/c of washouts.

I wouldn't plan on getting in "this week" at all - they are at a minimum informing, and usually evacuating anyone that is inside the park b/c of the conditions. The surrounding towns have had many houses and roads swept away.

Current suggestions are that it will be quite some time before they open the gates again, and likely next year at the earliest before the loop road and bridges are restored. One bright spot is MAYBE they will take this opportunity to widen the loop road a bit, b/c the traffic in Yellowstone is insane!
Old 06-24-2022, 03:45 PM   #112

Any updates? Planning trip to myrtle beach in a month. Anyone actually seeing diesel shortages anywhere?

My wife keeps finding “reports” on her political sites that truckers are reporting inabilities to fill up.

We just returned from a long trip, absolutely no issues?

Anyone, anywhere, actually seen a truck stop out of diesel?
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
diesel, fuel