Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2023, 05:17 PM   #1

Tire recommendation?

I have an F350 SRW 4x4. 80% of all my miles are towing my TT all over US and Canada. Plenty of non paved roads.
I now have 22000 miles and I notice my rears are wearing much faster than front. I just rotated them.
It now has A/T Wranglers. May need to change them by next year. What would you guys go with? How many miles is expected from this chassis?
I realize there are a lot of variables...just getting some opinions.
Thanks
Homeby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2023, 05:25 PM   #2

I am going to put Michelin LTX M/S2 on my F-250 when time comes..I had LTX tires on a previous truck and they were great tires.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 05:57 PM   #3

If you see snow or rain, get a set of Falken Wildpeak at3's. I put a set on my 22 f350 at 25k since the originals were worn pretty bad. They are awesome in snow and rain and are not loud.
Harrycomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:25 PM   #4

If its diesel the rears will go fast because of the power. The longest lasting tires i have had recently were Cooper AT3 but the are horrible in snow and ice if you drive in those conditions very much.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
I have an F350 SRW 4x4. 80% of all my miles are towing my TT all over US and Canada. Plenty of non paved roads.
I now have 22000 miles and I notice my rears are wearing much faster than front. I just rotated them.
It now has A/T Wranglers. May need to change them by next year. What would you guys go with? How many miles is expected from this chassis?
I realize there are a lot of variables...just getting some opinions.
Thanks
Well, what are you pulling and where are you planning to pull? 16k lbs or more on a SRW and your rear tires will always wear 2x as fast as the fronts, they're at or over limits most likely.

Pulling in snow or on ice? How often and how many miles? Is this truck also a daily driver? Do you value quiet and smooth driving?

More questions need more answers to get you with the right tire.
kdauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdauto View Post
Well, what are you pulling and where are you planning to pull? 16k lbs or more on a SRW and your rear tires will always wear 2x as fast as the fronts, they're at or over limits most likely.

Pulling in snow or on ice? How often and how many miles? Is this truck also a daily driver? Do you value quiet and smooth driving?

More questions need more answers to get you with the right tire.
A 7800 TT.
As I mentioned, 80% of use is pulling and I pull all over US and Canada so.....conditions vary.
Thanks
Homeby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #7

The M/S on tires is mud/snow. Remember the tread look is only part of the equation. The rubber compound needs to be pliable to give good grip. My experience is the tire with more siping gives better grip. But again, the rubber compound needs to stay pliable in the cold.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 06:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeby5 View Post
A 7800 TT.
As I mentioned, 80% of use is pulling and I pull all over US and Canada so.....conditions vary.
Thanks
No year, tire size nor mention of 4x4 or 4x2.

I assumed a 2020 F350 4x4 with LT275/65r18 tires.

In that Size: Bridgestone Dueler H/T 685, but it's a highway tread, might be a bit weak on very snowy or muddy roads. Will be quiet, wear well and last.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Smooth and comfy, quiet,but slipperier than the Bridgestone, probably last as much or more.

Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse HT, probably a bit noisier and slightly less smooth, probably a wee bit better in snow. If you like GY, this is OK.

That's a few I wouldn't be shy to install for my customers. There are tons more.
kdauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:29 AM   #9

I like Nokian, and currently have had excellent service from Falken Rubitrek A/T's with about the same mileage on them that you have, I am at about 50% tread on all 6.

I didn't have Nokians installed because they didn't have them in the warehouse, I was leaving in two days and needed new tires.

One of my employees that has a second job absolutely insists that Michelin Defenders are the best tire available. He has a lot of experience, towing and unloaded, so I will look very closely at those for my next set.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
If its diesel the rears will go fast because of the power. The longest lasting tires i have had recently were Cooper AT3 but the are horrible in snow and ice if you drive in those conditions very much.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:04 PM   #11

I run the Falken AT3's on a dedicated Toyota 80 series rock crawler and on my F-350 4x4 LB, both in the 35" variety. Living here in Colorado we see all weather conditions (sometimes in the span of 24 hours). No complaints and the best all-around tire I've run in 35 years of driving. They wear well, balance well and are quiet. I'll be running them again.

Adam
Adam R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire