Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtoolman View Post
I may have lost 1-2 mpg , the AT2 are better they donít seem noisy on my truck , but my towing Winnebago is much better , and I donít worry as much getting a puncture on mountain gravel roads , I get 22 mpg with them

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4240.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	337666
Timtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 04:08 PM   #16

I could tell an immediate difference when towing when I removed the OEM "P" rated tires from my F150 and put on a set of LT tires with the E load rating (General ATxII brand). Steadier ride - seems the soft sidewall of the "P" tires allowed a lot of what I call "squirm" - side to side movement. That went away with the much stiffer sidewall of the E rated tires.

Main reason I went to the LT-E rated tires was because I drive a lot of gravel roads and I'd get rock breaks in the tire tread area with the "P" tires. No flats yet with the LT tires. But they did cost me 1-2 mpg.
deserteagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydub View Post
Thanks guys for all of the responses. I've decided to go LT, just for the safety margin. Toolman, Ive used Hankook Dynapro ATM as our company tire at work for years. Great tire but they got too noisy for my liking around half life. They do make the AT2 in my size and I'm considering it. How is the noise level, is the ride smooth? Did putting them on affect mileage positively or negatively??

Would appreciate an update after the install. Handling, ride, and mpgís, and improved towing.

The Goodyearís that came oem were garbage on my 2017 Ram. Slight vibration in the passenger seat, (when not occupied), that never went away. With the Michelin Defender that seat is now dead still. Have 25k on these Michelinís, including FS roads, and very pleased, but maybe I should look at LT, for my next set.
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire