Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #57

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanGris View Post
Haha, ya, you seem the most intent to start one though.
No, let's look at the specific rule, taken directly from our Community Rules.
Do not start or participate in brand wars, i.e. my XXX brand is better than your XXXX brand.
When Brand X owners start citing all the alleged problems with Brand Y to make their own brand selection look better, what would you call it? Who in this thread has been citing all the supposed problems with the 6.7L Cummins? Those of us who own them? I don't think so.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
No, let's look at the specific rule, taken directly from our Community Rules.
Do not start or participate in brand wars, i.e. my XXX brand is better than your XXXX brand.
When Brand X owners start citing all the alleged problems with Brand Y to make their own brand selection look better, what would you call it? Who in this thread has been citing all the supposed problems with the 6.7L Cummins? Those of us who own them? I don't think so.

Rusty

Again, please read the actual post and not what you want to read into it. YOU also don't have a 13 Ram so this statement of yours does not make since either.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #59

Hrm, who's been citing powerstroke problems? You can say what you want but I'm not saying they are all bad. maybe you got lucky, maybe they mostly fixed the issue in the newer ones. I'm far from an expert on the subject but if you read Dodge forums some people are still having problems, granted not as many as the previous years and most people still recommend a delete. The class action lawsuit for the 07-09 years speaks for itself, it's not like I'm making it up, it's all readily available via Google. To say that none of them newer than the 09s are having the problem is simply not true. All manufacturers have their problems and none of them will ever be perfect. Especially not when the government is forcing ridiculous emissions and mileage requirements on them. I'm glad I live in a state where I can delete that crap and end up with a good truck with fewer issues and better mpgs in the long run. No doubt the emissions junk will likely be the first part to fail for any of the three.
SultanGris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
Since there is Ford, Dodge, and GMC I am sure everyone has a certain company/brand they prefer. What I am looking for is what brand, size, motor truck dually or not, 4WD or 2WD you use to pull your fifth wheel. I plan on purchasing a truck within 18 months and would like any input you can offer. Why did you purchase it over the others? What kind of fuel mileage do you get?
Are you looking for a truck for full time rving?
jrgreenacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #61

Quote:
Especially not when the government is forcing ridiculous emissions and mileage requirements on them. I'm glad I live in a state where I can delete that crap and end up with a good truck with fewer issues and better mpgs in the long run. No doubt the emissions junk will likely be the first part to fail for any of the three.

No state in the United States is it legal to remove emission products or alter them. However it is easier to remove that stuff if you do not have emissions testing. But it is still illegal. I do agree, the emissions stuff is making diesels do way more than abnormal things than they should. But it is all in the name of that sparkly clean tail pipe tip.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #62

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Hrm, who's been citing powerstroke problems?
You must be kidding!! I never mentioned any Powerstroke or Duramax problems until post #49, and then only to demonstrate the incongruities of a Ford technician pointing out supposed Cummins 6.7L problems while ignoring known Powerstroke 6.7L problems.

Rusty
Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #63

Quote:
You must be kidding!! I never mentioned any Powerstroke or Duramax problems until post #49, and then only to demonstrate the incongruities of a Ford technician pointing out supposed Cummins 6.7L problems while ignoring known Powerstroke 6.7L problems.

Rusty

AGAIN, actually read the actual post. If there was a Powerstroke question I would have answered it, and I have in other threads. I have an idea, get off the forums and talk to people that actually works on the stuff for the dealers. When you are Ram/Cummins certified and repair the product, then you would actually have leg to stand on as far as the type of typical repairs or issues. Since we are on the internet, I am a Ford tech and a French model.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #64

Texas Boomers Club
In point of fact, I've worked 40 years, 35 of those in technical and engineering management, for the company that builds these diesel engines:

So I know my way around diesel engines as well as anyone on these forums, I daresay.

Rusty
Old 12-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #65

Quote:
In point of fact, I've worked 40 years, 35 of those in technical and engineering management, for the company that builds these diesel engines:

So I know my way around diesel engines as well as anyone on these forums, I daresay.

Rusty

And it says Ram/Cummins where???????????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 38' Montana,I pull it with a Ford f-250 with a V-10,it has all the power I need but the mpg. really sucks.I get about 10-11 mpg,I would go Diesel if I had it to do over
Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #67

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
And it says Ram/Cummins where???????????????????????????????????????????
Using that logic, since you work in a Ford dealership as a line mechanic, are you a Level 4 or Level 5 Ram/Cummins tech? If not, what qualifies you to discuss the Cummins HPCR B-series engine as used in the Ram trucks?

Because I know diesel engines, I have chosen the Cummins ISB engines in my trucks, and I've never had one leave me on the side of the road yet.

Rusty
Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
I have a 38' Montana,I pull it with a Ford f-250 with a V-10,it has all the power I need but the mpg. really sucks.I get about 10-11 mpg,I would go Diesel if I had it to do over
What gears do you have on the rear axle
jrgreenacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #69

Quote:
Using that logic, since you work in a Ford dealership as a line mechanic, are you a Level 4 or Level 5 Ram/Cummins tech? If not, what qualifies you to discuss the Cummins HPCR B-series engine as used in the Ram trucks?

Because I know diesel engines, I have chosen the Cummins ISB engines in my trucks, and I've never had one leave me on the side of the road yet.

Rusty

I am the lead tech and Manager of our truck shop. We service anything from F250's/2500's up to medium duty trucks (including motorhomes) This involves Cummins, Cat, International (a few Duramax's). Again if you would actually read my post instead of putting blinders on for your precious ram brand, I quoted an actual Ram/Cummins tech and an actual current customer of a 13 Ram/Cummins truck. I never said they were failing by the droves but there have been some issues seen. Guess what???? It happens. If it doesn't then there would be no need for a Ram/Cummins cert tech. Just an oil change boy.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #70

Quote:

Rusty
Its all good, I was just pointing out that you were doing the same thing you told me not to do they all have had problems at one time or another.
SultanGris is offline   Reply With Quote