Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #1

Undercover Pickup Bed Covers

I have been researching various covers for my Chevy Silverado and have narrowed it down to the Undercover tilt up product. Would be good to hear from some others who may be using this product and what you think of it.
Appreciate any Feedback-----
Stan827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #2

I couldn't be happier with the paragon cover. I wish they had the color option when I ordered mine a few years back.

www.peragon.com
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #3

I do not use anything like that type of bed cover but here is some things to consider when buying.

First is the truck a short bed and if so is there clearance between the king pin and cover?

I have a short bed truck and the tri-fold bed cover. The TrailAIr pin box interferes with the tri-fold bed cover when folded up and the hitch is in the towed position. I must remove the tri-fold bed cover and store the cover in the garage when towing the trailer.

Second will there be enough clearance with the side rails of the undercover tilt up bed cover and the pin box as the trailer rotates thru the turn. Some members on another forum have had this issue with their trailers’ pin box and bed cover rails.
Just something to consider before purchasing and finding out you have issues.

Jim W.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #4

After going through 3 of the crappy back flip covers I went to a undercover one. It was very good I had just the basic black plastic one but it was easy enough for me to take off and reinstall on my own. My truck bed is only 5ft.

But after 1 year it still looked great and work great. I switched to a snugtop canopy. But the undercover is very nice I think you will be happy.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #5

I looked at the Paragon Product also but since they only distribute by shipping it to you I was a lil concernced about any warranty issues etc without a local dealer.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #6

I have an Undercover on my 01 Dodge 3500. I have had it for 4 years and it still looks like new. I stow it in the garage when towing the fifth wheel.

When it is on the truck, everything stays bone dry in the bed.

What truck do you have? I am looking at a rollup type so I can use it when the fifth wheel is hooked up while traveling.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Jon
Jon_Celia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleCK
We went with a Diamond Back cover and a Truck Vault below. Spendy yes, but secure, sturdy and very useful for our deal.

Truck Bed Covers and Tonneau Covers : DiamondBack Truck Covers

TruckVault - Vehicle Cargo Secure Storage Solutions

DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #8

Chevy Silverado. Pulling a 26' travel trailer at this point. Strongly considering the Undercover. Thanks for the feedback...
Old 06-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #9

Paragon happy with product easy to install.