Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2021, 07:47 AM   #43

Dually trucks around me do not last long, even before the virus. I traded my dually truck on a F-250 in the beginning of 2018. 3 days later I realize I left my fancy floormats in that truck. I went back to get them and the truck was already sold and gone.

Another time I was called by my dealer that they had a new dually. I went immediately to go see it. I did get to see it. 4 days later I stop at my dealer and that dually was sold and gone. This was at the end of 2018.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky8668 View Post
It’s extremely hard to use lemon law against domestic manufacturers. I had a lemon Subaru Outback back in 2016 and had an attorney help me with the case. Subaru of America agreed to buy back in 3 month, my attorney said I was lucky, it would take 1-2 years to have domestic automakers to buy back lemons. Btw, he said Jeep is the worst, especially with their wrangler water leak issues, but I felt it was just some dealers have no idea what they are doing.
I’ve owned wranglers forever and didn't realize they had water leak issues.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
I’ve owned wranglers forever and didn't realize they had water leak issues.
The older ones didn't. When they started making the hard tops with the T-tops the leaks came with them.
deserteagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #46

Jayco Owners Club
Hello,

I wound up ordering a new F350 SRW XLT (with a few upgrades) because I couldn't find a truck that would do what I wanted and had a few amenities that my wife wanted. I speced the truck and contacted six dealers around my area and asked them to price it. I went with the dealership that gave me the best price. The range was about $2700 across all of the dealers I worked with. The downsides to this approach were that I had to wait several months (the truck should be here within a week) and I have to drive about 60 miles to pick it up. The up sides are I got what my wife and I wanted (down to the color) and got a better price than I might have otherwise (still pretty steep though).

Regards,

John
johns1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #47

Congrats - getting the color you wanted us a big deal I think. Also getting the options the wife wanted is the biggest advantage to ordering. Even if you have wait it is worth it I think.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:46 PM   #48

I built mine online, then found the dealer with the best offered deal, wich happened to be 1200 miles away but msrp was 85k and i got em down to 69,980, so it was a no brainer to me, have the perfect truck built and go get it, and break it in on the way back before the first pull. Zip zap
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:17 PM   #49

These are not normal times. I drove by two large Chevy dealerships today, and they just had a skeleton inventories on their lot. Because few vehicles are available, dealers have to get more profit per sale to cover their overhead.

But remember this is a temporary situation. You might do best to come back into the market in the Fall. This could be a tough year for domestic car dealerships.

Unfortunately you don't say where you are. The big competitive dealers are Akins Ford in Winder, GA just east of Atlanta with Ford and Ram trucks. Another great dealer is a GMC dealer in St. Louis area--Laura Buick-GMC. There's another great Ford dealer in Tampa area--Brandon Ford. Their online prices are as good as you'll get.

You should start by shopping for the travel trailer. And then come back on here to get suggestions on which truck to get when you get the trailer specs/weights.

You cannot take the word of any RV dealer on what tow vehicle to get as they're just wanting to sell a RV--any RV. Few know tow trucks either.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
These are not normal times. I drove by two large Chevy dealerships today, and they just had a skeleton inventories on their lot. Because few vehicles are available, dealers have to get more profit per sale to cover their overhead.

But remember this is a temporary situation. You might do best to come back into the market in the Fall. This could be a tough year for domestic car dealerships.

Unfortunately you don't say where you are. The big competitive dealers are Akins Ford in Winder, GA just east of Atlanta with Ford and Ram trucks. Another great dealer is a GMC dealer in St. Louis area--Laura Buick-GMC. There's another great Ford dealer in Tampa area--Brandon Ford. Their online prices are as good as you'll get.

You should start by shopping for the travel trailer. And then come back on here to get suggestions on which truck to get when you get the trailer specs/weights.

You cannot take the word of any RV dealer on what tow vehicle to get as they're just wanting to sell a RV--any RV. Few know tow trucks either.
How come 4 years ago the RV dealer would not sell me a big toy hauler if I didn't have at least a 3/4 ton truck?
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote