Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #43

Towing problems with long trailers

I think it is more about the setup than the length of your trailer. It is critical in towing the the weight is distributed properly and the tow vehical is adequate. Please see link below for weight distribution example.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=742154912612721&id=4433375591 61126

Happy glamping
Vikingboy1
2013 DRV Mobile suites 38
2011 ford F350 turbo diesel srw
vikingboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #44

Agree, that the WD and anti sway hitch has to be top notch. Yesterday I took the DW to look at a big Jayco Eagle 33 RLTS travel trailer.

If you have not seen these (5th wheel) types of travel trailers you will be surprised at how nice they are. The Jayco was really impressive with a very rich interior look. This travel trailer came with BAL auto leveling and a sani-con system. It had a tall ceiling and was made for full time living. It had a residential refrigerator and comfortable furniture. GVWR was 11,700lbs...I doubt I will buy anything this big but wow, was it nice.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertree View Post
however if thats not in the cards (or budget) then you should spend some $$ on some hitch technology....There is numerous units out there...Hendsley (not sure I spelled that right) is one offering that has a good following and there are others
" Hensley"

He designed the Hensley Arrow hitch and licensed the design to a company named after him (but not owned by him) in the early 90's

In 2007 he licensed his design as well as some upgrades/improvements to another company, again not owned by him Pro Pride.

So the Hensley Arrow and the Pro Pride were both designed by Jim Hensley and while similar, are different in a few details.

I have the Pro Pride on my Coachmen and have been very happy with it.
tim5055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #46

Buy a Hensley and you will not even know it is back there. I pull a 39' with an Avalanche 2500 (relatively short wheelbase). I use a Pro Pride and it is straight as an arrow even when getting buzzed by a tractor trailer. First time I pulled it to FL without the Pro Pride, it was white knuckle down I-75. Bought it the day after I got back to GA and I will never pull without one now.
shaffersh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing, trailer, travel, travel trailer