Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #15

Don't quote me I could be wrong...... BUT

I heard Raptors are now out of production, so no more will be built, and there is a HUGE grab (and price increase) on the last few new ones left.
AZ RV'r is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
Don't quote me I could be wrong...... BUT

I heard Raptors are now out of production, so no more will be built, and there is a HUGE grab (and price increase) on the last few new ones left.
Until the new V8 raptor comes out. $150k is ridiculous for a 1/2 ton truck. Or for any light duty trucks.
nicky8668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky8668 View Post
. $70k is ridiculous for a 1/2 ton truck. Or for any light duty trucks.
FTFY [emoji16]

I have never spent more than 10k for a truck and probably never will. They are work tools, not fashion statements. Paid 9K for my 1993 F350 Diesel CCLB Dually over 15 years ago. Is still in great shape and runs well.
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #18

I wonder if insurance companies are having to adjust their payouts based on this craziness? A totaled or stolen truck sure would be hard to replace right now. I have to think used prices are spiking as well.

A couple months ago I took a 3 year old Hyundai Tucson (small SUV) into CarMax just to see that they'd give me. It had super low miles but did have a dent in the rear gate (wife backed out of the garage with the gate opened and hit the garage door ). They said no problem about the gate and gave me $17,500.... Only $5000 less than I paid 3+ years ago. I was pretty surprised to get that much and it was nice to save the hassle of selling private party.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:05 PM   #19

Quote:
That’s insane. For $150k, I’d rather have a slightly used 1 year old McLaren.
That's true but I have a devil of a time getting a
sheet of plywood into the back of my McLaren!

My local Ford dealer says I can have my F350 Platinum (MSRP $87K) for $83K. Given the state of affairs that sounds a pretty fair price. I'm thinking I might get him down at most another grand.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Didn’t pay attention to 1/2 tons. Where I live, central PA. Here are a lot Chevy 2500, some Ram 2500, very few F250s. 1 ton trucks are like dinos after mass extinction. I picked up my F250 three month ago with only $3500 off the sticker, which usually be $6000-9000 pre-COVID. But I don’t have a choice, so I guess I paid for a lariat and got an XLT. You have to take a hit if you want/need a new truck now, especially Ford. Chevy still give $6-8k off the sticker. And Ram, as usually $8-12k off the sticker. I think Ram is built 100% in Mexico, so it didn’t take the COVID hit as hard as GM and Ford.
Shows that Ford is the leader.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:22 AM   #21

Quote:
That’s insane. For $150k, I’d rather have a slightly used 1 year old McLaren.
you might be forced into a dodge product...
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #22

seems like plenty of inventory in my area..DFW..and deals are to be had. 10,000$ off on 2020 hd gas trucks..less off on the dsl models. more dsl than gas to pick from.
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #23

I am going tomorrow to my local Ford dealer. They sent me a dealer only voucher for over $13,000 off. Closer reading says 'up to' $13,000 off. It is probably just hook to get me onto their lot.

They usually have 5 to 7 Superduty trucks but now they only have one. A white F-250 Lariat.

I will report back on the voucher.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I am going tomorrow to my local Ford dealer. They sent me a dealer only voucher for over $13,000 off. Closer reading says 'up to' $13,000 off. It is probably just hook to get me onto their lot.

They usually have 5 to 7 Superduty trucks but now they only have one. A white F-250 Lariat.

It’s a common bait and switch. I think you’ll get a standard rebate and maybe $1-2k dealer discount.
nicky8668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post

Make sure it's got the 5th wheel prep this time.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:10 PM   #26

[QUOTE=mtofell;5553117]I had heard some mention of this but I guess it didn't really sink in. I am casually shopping for a truck for my business and looked at Dennis Dillon in Idaho - They have a grand total of 3 Ram 1500s listed for sale!

I think the last time I looked there were well over 100. The Ram dealer close to my house in Oregon has 1 listed.

I thought that Dave Smith Dodge was the big Dodge dealer in Kellog ID.

So is Dennis Dillon the big dog dealer now? I've never been there but I've driven by Dave Smith when he had square blocks full of Dodge PU's.
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:24 AM   #27

Dennis Dillon usually does better on price than Dave Smith. I think Dave Smith still has more inventory.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #28

[QUOTE=Boomper;5557018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomper View Post
So is Dennis Dillon the big dog dealer now? I've never been there but I've driven by Dave Smith when he had square blocks full of Dodge PU's.
Yeah, it seems like Dillon has overtaken Smith as the go-to dealer there. They are both huge and have great prices. I think I heard Smith sold a few years back and things had changed a bit.

And here's a useless fact of the day - I have a friend named Dave Smith who bought a truck from Dave Smith
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote