Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2010, 04:33 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to cdfdonnie
2000 Aero Lite Cub help

I am new here. This is my first post so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes.

We have a 19' 2000 aero lite cub. It did not come with an owners manual when we bought it. I'm am trying to find out where to get one, and more importantly the proceedure on lighting the furnace and water heater as we are leaving tomorrow for florida. I know what you are thinking. Why would you need the furnace in florida? LOL!...Well it does still get chilly during the night and my wife is a cold natured person. Thanks in advance for any help.
cdfdonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #2

Go out, gather information on brand and model numbers for the appliances then go online and download them. What comes from the trailer manufacturer is basically that and then a set of generic papers that hold little to no real useful information.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #3

Thanks,

I kinda figured that. I went out and got all of the model and serial numbers off the appliances, and did a search for info on each. I'm happy to say I got the furnace up and running. I'll have to wait until we get down south to try the water heater. Cold weather prevents me from trying it out here in Ohio. Thanks again for the info.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
First welcome to the IRV2 family....We have a 05' Aerolite Cub. We're from NE. Ohio. Which part of Ohio? 450 Donn..is right the Dutchman / Aerolite manual is too generic to help. You can call IRV2 your online resource manual. We have camped 250+ nights in our unit, at which I don't think I have ever found much info in the manual to really help. If your leaving Ohio, you better get out of here by noon on Friday. The winter storm warning is set to begin at noon on Friday......Was your 00' Cub just purchased?

Quote:
I am new here. This is my first post so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place,
Actually a few threads down there is a area for hybrid's and expandables.

Check out the last section (Regional Chapters, Campout & Rally) section at the bottom of the forums section. In the North Central Region we have a sub-group called the Pond Piggies who are a group of 10 or so families from Ohio and Western PA. who get together a few times a year. Our next campout is at Mohican State Park for Memorial Day Weekend.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #5

We are from the Cincinnati area. I am a retired Cincinnati Firefighter and now I run a small inspection business. My wife drives a school bus for Middletown City Schools. She is a widow, and she has had this camper for about 5 years but she has never used it very much because of the time she spent taking care of her former husband who was stricken down with cancer at 46 years old. I have been camping for most of my life but I have always camped in a tent. Ever since my first weekend in this little camper I have been spoiled and now I have no desire to return to camping in a tent...LOL We both love to camp and since she is off all summer we will be camping quite a bit. We are both big time late model dirt racing fans so we like to attend/camp at all the big races. We are heading to Florida for the dirt car nationals just north of Daytona and we will be attending the Gatoraide Duels at The Daytona Speedway on Thursday and we are very excited about that.

I also ride a Harley and we are looking at a 2008 MXT Sportsmen 264R Toy hauler that I found online out in West Virginia. We plan on going out to look at it when we get back from Florida if it's still availible...Hopefully it will be. We are both looking forward to making new friends and spending a lot of time traveling around using our current camper as well as our new larger one as soon as we purchase it. Oh yes...and we are getting out of Cincy as soon as The wife gets home from work today. I'm hoping they call school off early so we can get out while the getting is good...LOL! I think we'll be ok because it looks like it's all rain south of Cincy. Thanks for everything and we be talking to you all in a bout 10 days.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Have a nice vacation....
Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 AM   #7

Hello everyone,

We returned from Florida yesterday and even though it wasn't the worst trip we have ever taken, it was close. First we barely made it out of Cincy before the great white death attacked the area around 6pm. We drove through snow until we made it into southern KY. Then it all turned to rain. We drove till about 11:30 pm and we stopped in Cleveland TN. and spent the night. Next morning it was cold but nice and sunny so we made our way down to Palm Coast Fl. and stopped at a friends house to fill up with water then off to the camp ground at Volusia Speedway. The people there were very nice, but I thought the camping was expensive at 25 bucks a night with no hook ups. They had some guys that came through once a day that would pump the tanks out ($25), fill the water tank ($10-$20) and if needed fill the LP gas bottles for a charge of $1 a pound.

We found a very nice spot and set up. To make a long story short. We had 3 days that were sunny and kind of nice, but it got cold at night. we went to the races with layers of clothing along with a blanket to sit on and a sleeping bag to cover up with and we were still freezing. The rest of the days were either raining or very cold and we spent those days driving around in the truck or hangin out in the camper. On Tuesday it rained cats and dogs all day and about 12am the new Honda Gen. started acting up. The oil level was full, but the oil warning light was staying on. Found out later after changing the oil in the rain and the dark the air intake is on the bottom on the generator and it had vibrated it's way down into the sand and was over heating. I sat it up on some 4x4s and problem solved.

We were going to stay until Sunday but decide to leave on Friday morning for two reasons. First it was going to rain all day again, so we broke everything down and packed up in the cold rain. The septic guy who everyday during the week was there at 7am sharp was a no show at 8am so we decided to go ahead and bolt. We had worked out a deal with the gentleman in West Virginia on our new KZ MXT 264R toy hauler to pick it up today so we wanted to get back so we could go pick that beauty up. We are heading out there to day to pick it up and trade in our F-19 Thor Aerolite Cub. The little camper did a great job all week with the exception of the left rear wheel freezing up when we got stuck in snow going through Atlanta. We spent the night and when we tried to leave the left rear wheel would not turn. The camper was frozen shut and I couldn't get in to get the required jack and tools to address the issue. I finally used the truck jack and a socket wrench to remove the tire, then I took a BFH and beat the drum. She broke lose and we moved on. The roads in Atlanta were marginal to say the least so we had to tip toe through until we made it to TN. and the roads were all clear.

The rest of the way went off without a hitch. We made it home with a stop by Holmans RV sales to pick up the new 4 point hitch that will be needed to tow the new toy hauler, and to dump the gray and black water tanks. We dropped the little camper off at the storage facility and came home to some happy dogs. We are off today at 10am to Charleston West Virginia to pick up the new unit. I am hoping the snow holds off till we make it back to cincy. I let everyone know how it goes once we return
Old 02-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I thought the camping was expensive at 25 bucks a night with no hook ups
Florida is pricey to start with, especially in the winter. Being close to a speedway doesn't help. About the rain.... I personnally don't mind it, if it's not going to be all day event. I'll lay down on the couch to catch up on some reading. I remember the days in a tent where rain was a bummer. Getting a larger unit will give you more elbow room to move around. My brother has a large toy hauler, I remember he had a basketball hoop in his the kids would play with during a rain period. He has one with-out a wall seperating the living area and ATV storage area. He can get 6 ATV's inside.

Driving in the snow would be at best for me. The only time I drove in lightly snowing conditions a guy pulled out of a parking lot and side-swiped me. Even with my lights on he didn't see I was pulling a trailer. Could have been real bad. I was able to move over just enough as to only him having wacked off my awning arm and fender skirt. I saw the guy creeping out, then at about 50 feet away he just started pulling out. The first contact point was about 6" from the front corner. If he would have hit the front corner head on or the tow vehicle, I would have been looking for a new trailer. It was funny because I had just left the RV dealership 5 minutes before. After getting the police report I called the RV dealer and said "I got some work for ya". be there in 5 minutes. You didn't sell me another RV, but now you can make some $$ fixing this one.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:21 AM   #9

Driving in the snow is not a problem for me. I drove a 60' tractor drawn aerial ladder truck for 20 years here in Cincinnati so pulling around that little camper was like having nothing behind me. Now it's going to take some getting used to pulled our new TT. It is beautiful and we are both like kids with new bikes waiting for the snow to be gone so we can use it. It doesn't look as though that is going to happen anytime soon because we just recieved another 9" shot of the great white death yesterday which gives us around 18" on the ground now. The weather guy said yesterday that our normal snow fall for the season of 24" is in jepardy of being surpassed by the almost 22" we have recieved so far this month Needless to say we are both ready for spring to get here.

We drove to West Virginia on Sunday tp pick up the new TT. It was in the RV, boat show in Charleston WV. The guy had told us that we could get it out at 4pm so we timed our 3 1/2hr drive to arrive there around 2pm so we could look it over real good and do alll the paper work. We also had to transfer everything from the old camper to the new one. I also had to build the 4 point hitch before we left.

The show didn't end until 5pm and then we had to wait for the boat display to be moved as it was in front of the only access door. By the time we had everything ready to go it was a little after 7pm and we headed for home. We arrived at the storage facilty at around 10:15 and we just drug the new camper up into a spot and dropped her off. We were both beat as we had already been going for about 13hrs so we dropped it off and headed for home.

As soon as the snow lets up a little we'll get back up there and put it in the spot where it's supposed to sit and get to play with it a little. Neither of us can wait to get it all set up with our stuff and take out first trip. I will say the one thing I will miss about the little F-19 Thor Aerolite Cub is that we are not going to be able to fit in to places we were able to with that little camper not to mention it's going to cost a lot more in fuel to drag this big hoss around.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
What model T-hauler did you get? How was it driving in the snow.....? If the hi-way was snow covered, I would be afraid tapping the trailer brakes could be at best.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #11

We found a 2008 KZ MXT 264R toy hauler that was originally bought in march of last year. The dealer told me the guy used it once and didn't have enough truck to tow it and traded it in on something smaller. It still smells new inside. I spoke to the factory yesterday and found out that it still has over a year on the original warranty. I have to take it up to the local KZ dealer and have them inspect it. They fill out a form and you send that in with the $150 transfer fee, and the warranty is good till 03/2011. I have to do some adjusting on the 4 point hitch but it towed straight and did not sway what so ever. Once I got the brake actuator dialed in you wouldn't even know it was back there with the exception of the truck working harded due to the added weight.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, I would say it is much larger than the Cub......room to grow....Now you can bring bigger toys... Might have to watch which sites you reserve in order for the rear door to open.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #13

We have a 2000 Aero Cub. The front bunk door came off its hinges with rotted wood and screws. Guess that's why we got such a good deal on it from private owners last year. Any advice on how to get door fixed or replaced? Trying to avoid high cost from RV Repair shop. Any advice or suggestions much appreciated. We're near Sacramento, CA.
MMArroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, the way the bunk door hinges were designed it let water set or get behind them and root out the support. The newer Aerolite's have a solid hinge to help keep the water from getting behind. Is the bunk door itself solid?

Tags
kz-rv