Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #1

I have been on this site a while looking at all the different topics. What a great site!!!

I am looking to purchase a hybrid. Specifically a 2003 Trail Cruiser hybrid. I was wondering if this TT has a insulated Holding Tank. It looks like the fresh water tank is up under the couch inside the couch. The Black and Grey Tanks are in the rear. Does anyone know if these tanks are insulated? That is, could I take it out in the late fall/early spring where temperatures could drop to the lower 20's? Also if anyone has any comments about this trailer I would love to hear about it. I have camped for years, but never in an RV, so any insight/experiences anybody has had would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Wayne-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #2

I have been on this site a while looking at all the different topics. What a great site!!!

I am looking to purchase a hybrid. Specifically a 2003 Trail Cruiser hybrid. I was wondering if this TT has a insulated Holding Tank. It looks like the fresh water tank is up under the couch inside the couch. The Black and Grey Tanks are in the rear. Does anyone know if these tanks are insulated? That is, could I take it out in the late fall/early spring where temperatures could drop to the lower 20's? Also if anyone has any comments about this trailer I would love to hear about it. I have camped for years, but never in an RV, so any insight/experiences anybody has had would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Wayne-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

I figured someone who has a trail cruiser would have replied by now.

Anyway, the Trail Cruiser looks to be a fairly nice light weight trailer from the web page.

If you look under the unit, can you see the holding tanks? If they are enclosed, I'd imagine you would be OK into the 20's as long as the furnace is running.

If they are out in the open, it might not be hard to enclose the underbelly your self...
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The Trail-Lite I owned in 99 had a fully enclosed underbelly - I think the tanks were insulated - but not sure about being heated. I know that it takes a lot to keep it warm. Esp compared to my Arctic Fox.