Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #1

Hi I am new to this group and I am considering purchasing a 2004 Fleetwood 719B hybrid camper trailer. Does anyone have any positive and/or negative experiences that they would like to share on this model camper? The unit I am looking at is a 2004 year model but was never used, are there any particular issue swith this unit I should check?

Thanks,
Alloy2205
Alloy2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #2

Hi I am new to this group and I am considering purchasing a 2004 Fleetwood 719B hybrid camper trailer. Does anyone have any positive and/or negative experiences that they would like to share on this model camper? The unit I am looking at is a 2004 year model but was never used, are there any particular issue swith this unit I should check?

Thanks,
Alloy2205
Alloy2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #3

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Our first trailer was the 2001 Terry 719B hybrid which we towed every where with our 97 V6 Astro Van.

We had this trailer for a couple of years and it held up very well - especially considering we are a family of six. As the family grew, it quickly became apparent that we really enjoyed camping and that we needed a trailer with a bit more growing room which is why we now have another Fleetwood product - the Prowler 320DBHS.

Our 719B was a single axle trailer but became a dual axle trailer in 2003 or 2004 if I recall correctly.
Friends of of another friend of ours also have a 2005 719B made by Prowler which they tow with their Dodge Caravan. Our 719, had a full bathroom with hot water, kitchen with microwave, AmFmCD, Air conditioning, Dinnette, Awning and was so much better than a tent. With my two oldest daughters (8 & 6 at the time) helping me, while my wife waited in the van with the younger two - we could have the hybrid set up in under 7 minutes!!

The 13,500 btu A/C worked very well on hot and humid days but the furnace had issues keeping us warm if the temperature dropped below freezing - which it did on a couple of trips. There are more items out there now for better insulating the bunk ends on hybrids or pop ups in extreme weather which are not expensive if you like to camp very early or late in the season.

We used a simple Reese weight distribution hitch for towing our trailer with and were told we did not need sway control. Wrong - so we had to add it, but we bought the lesser of the sway controls out there - the simple add on sway brake style.

Not to scare you about trailer sway but if you negotiate with the dealer correctly, they can include the proper hitch in the deal and the one I recommend is Equal-i-zer Hitch (which our F. of F. also uses). It is a brand name hitch that has sway control already desinged into both weight bars - nothing extra to add and its performance is much superior to the add on style. Check out the above link.

Depending on your tow vehicle, you may need a set of towing mirros along with a good proportional brake controller and you should be all set.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote