Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #1

Due to a bit of a disabilty (broken back 5 years ago ending with spinal stenosis) I have to have a mini-van for the softer ride. Our search for a reasonably sized trailer is sure restricted.
A hybrid won't do as I have to have things as easy as possible.
We had been looking at Casita (and 6 months wait) but spotted the new Jay Feather 165 on the internet. It's less money and well equipped. The closest dealer to us expects one in about a month.
I understand Jayco has a good name. Has anyone had any experience with this relatively new model or suggestions? I've previously done the tent, pop-up, and hardtops and am anxious to get back to the outdoors.

Cambridge, Ontario
rhy mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2004, 03:31 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Bob -

Welcome to iRV2.com! Glad to have you onboard and no doubt you'll receive lots of answers to ???? you might have in your search for the perfect RV for your needs.

My hubby and I have owned 3 Jaycos and highly recommend them for durability, stability and accessibility....and any other "bility" you are needing! The company stands behind it's product and makes a variety of units for whatever you're looking for!

If you're ever down Texas-way, give us a yell! We'd love to meet you in person!

Sandy
Texas Boomers
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #3

Hi Bob!

Carol and I came 2 inches close to buying a 165.

The only thing that stoped me was the dealer...

He wanted 2K over list!!!

It is a nice well built trailer and we were impressed enough to get it, but no other Jayco dealers with-in a few hundred miles off us.

Please keep in mind the bed is only 48" and can get tight, if you toss at night it will be a SMALL bed. We have only 48" in the PUP but this seemed smaller due to the hard sides.

Go to the jayco site and click on the brochure for the 165, nice pix, also check out RV Trader online for good pix.

If you PM me I will send some pix to you.

Again we were very happy and could have bought it on a dime.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:16 PM   #4

Bob,

Just for comparison, Sun Valley offers the Road Runner 160 and X-treme Lite XT 160 models that have floorplans nearly identical to the Jayco 165. (Of course, I'm unabashedly partial to the Fun Finders which offer 60"x80" master beds.)

Happy shopping,

1998 GMC Suburban K1500 5.7L 3.73 (5920 UVW, 7000 GVW unhitched, 7300 GVWR, 12000 GCWR)
Dr. Wes Leggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:06 PM   #5

I really like that Fun Finder T-160. It has more beds for us and the kids than the 21 foot Trail-Cruiser we are considering!?! I especially like the bunkbeds for the kids, even though they are small. You just made our purchase decision a whole lot harder. The only problem with the Fun Finder is that the only dealer in Ontario is in Ottawa, a days drive from here.
Pete

2005 Shadow Cruiser T-160
pmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:03 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Bob,
I know your posting is a bit old, but I got a 2005 Jay Feather. It is wonderful except fot the waste valve. It hangs very low and has posed a problem getting into various RV parks or slightly rough roads. Can't recommend the Jay Feather until the raise the waste valve.
Alan
Rockery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #7

Hi Rockery:
Thanks for the reply to my old posting. The decision has been made. We are getting ready to place the order for a new Shadow Cruiser 189FBR. It has taken a lot of research but with my back problem this unit (with an electric tongue jack) should do us nicely.
Hope the Jay Feather problem gets solved for you.

Cambridge, Ontario
rhy mexico is offline   Reply With Quote