Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #1

Where do I store the queen bed cushion

We recently bought a 2003 Trail lite r vision trailer. The two ends drop out to become beds. The cushion on the back bed stores easily. When we bought the trailer the owner had the queen cushion stored in the trailer. I'm sure it should store where where the queen bed is pulled up. But we can't seem to make it work. Does anyone out there know how or where it is supposed to be stored?

Thanks
Shelleybean
shelleybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Are the cushions original to the RV? Often the cushions are pieced to be easy to store, perhaps a single queen size mattress was 'upgraded' for comfort. You could also explore using an inflatable mattress to be easier to store.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleybean View Post
We recently bought a 2003 Trail lite r vision trailer. The two ends drop out to become beds. The cushion on the back bed stores easily. When we bought the trailer the owner had the queen cushion stored in the trailer. I'm sure it should store where where the queen bed is pulled up. But we can't seem to make it work. Does anyone out there know how or where it is supposed to be stored?

Thanks
Shelleybean
let's clear up the terminology.

first, Shelley, you have a hybrid travel trailer.
second, you're talking about the mattresses, not cushions.
third, most hybrids have a way of fastening the mattress to the bunk end door.
some have straps, some have velcro, some have snaps.

you need to post pics of the inside surface of the front bunk end door.
or look for bungees or straps from the inside bunk door frame that may go across to keep the mattress held against the bunk door, when closed.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #4

on our 2001 trailite bantam b19... the mattress has three sections of foam hooked together. the mattress has two snaps at the each of the corners. the top two you snap to the wooden door/bed platform at the top and the other two that have a strap that sticks out farther you snap on the door i think the snaps are about halfway on the "door" after you fold the mattress with the big section on the bottom and the two smaller sections on top of that. the queen always puffs out farther inside the trailer than the full size does.. next time we camp (in two weeks) I will try to remember to take pics for you..
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our 05' hybrid the mattress stored with the bunk doors when closed. Our newer hybrid the mattress store across the dinette table.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #6

I had a 2004 Rvision HTT, and the mattresses folded in half, then snapped to the bunk floor. This kept them in place while vertical.

Flop the bed in half at the middle seam, find the little straps of material with the snap on it, snap it to the bunk floor near the outside edge.

Then carefully fold the tenting like you're gift wrapping it, then carefully close the door up, making sure you don't pinch the fabric in the door.
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
On the newer hybrid (2013 Aerolite) if I tried to keep them in the bunks and close the door, the bunk doors will not close all the way. So when they are laid across the table they are folded in half. We also added 2" mattress toppers at Dutchmans expanse. Without the added the mattress toppers the batting in the mattress was super light weight, but sucked as fas as comfort.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #8

great advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
let's clear up the terminology.

first, Shelley, you have a hybrid travel trailer.
second, you're talking about the mattresses, not cushions.
third, most hybrids have a way of fastening the mattress to the bunk end door.
some have straps, some have velcro, some have snaps.

you need to post pics of the inside surface of the front bunk end door.
or look for bungees or straps from the inside bunk door frame that may go across to keep the mattress held against the bunk door, when closed.
Thanks for the correction of the terminology.
Obviously I'm a first time trailer owner. I'm anxious to try out the advice that's been given to me
Old 08-11-2015, 10:28 PM   #9

Great advice, I can't wait to try it out. Thanks so much
Old 08-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our older (2005) hybrid had two long bungy cords that created a "X" to hold the mattress in the upright position to leave against the bunk doors when closed