Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Picking up Palomino Solaire 199x on Sat

Looking forward to picking up our new trailer. We looked at many hybrids. We got a great deal on this hybrid last fall. We liked the setup of and options of this hybrid. All heat vents are on the back side so no worries about someone sitting to close to them while camping. The Roo was probably our 2nd choice.

We had a Palomino fold a wall popup for 22 year and never had an issue. Dealer gave us $1500 for it so we were happy.

Daughter has a Jayco but I didn't like their layout as well.

Good Luck with you selection.
DustyRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Interesting floorplan. A little like ours with the couch and kitchen in the slide. I was surprised it was 2 feet shorter than ours at 25.6'. We have the corner shower which I don't like. I think yours is a little larger.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Our kitchen and futon/recliner/couch is on the slide. The table is on the side next to the door. No climbing over the table to go to bed. Bathroom/shower is in the corner on the far end. Nice wardrobe across from it. 3 vents, several AC ducts on the ceiling, a couple heating along the bottom and a nice refridge with separate door for the freezer and heated mattresses. LED Lights through out. TV, DVD, CD and radio with 3 separate zones for speakers (2 in 1 outside).

Can't wait until we do our 1st weekend. We looked at the new floor plan in person. We don't care for it.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoad View Post
Our kitchen and futon/recliner/couch is on the slide. The table is on the side next to the door. No climbing over the table to go to bed. Bathroom/shower is in the corner on the far end. Nice wardrobe across from it. 3 vents, several AC ducts on the ceiling, a couple heating along the bottom and a nice refridge with separate door for the freezer and heated mattresses. LED Lights through out. TV, DVD, CD and radio with 3 separate zones for speakers (2 in 1 outside).

Can't wait until we do our 1st weekend. We looked at the new floor plan in person. We don't care for it.
By chance did you purchase from the dealer in Amsterdam/Saratoga? We are looking at that same model and they wont budge on price even though we don't have a trade in. We are now going to the Palomino dealer in Syracuse who lists it online for $4,000.00 less than them.
vt skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Pays to shop around. Our original quote for our 2013 Aerolite hybrid back in 2012 was $19,500 plus our 2005 Aerolite hybrid as trade. Ended up purchasing it for $9800 plus our trade from another dealer 2 hours away. Even the dealer who quoted me $19.5k knew I could write a check that minute if I thought the price was agreeable.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt skier View Post
By chance did you purchase from the dealer in Amsterdam/Saratoga? We are looking at that same model and they wont budge on price even though we don't have a trade in. We are now going to the Palomino dealer in Syracuse who lists it online for $4,000.00 less than them.
We bought the Palomino Solaire 199x at the RV Show at the TU Center back in Sept, 2013. The site the had it in stock was the Saratoga site. Buying at the show we got huge discounts. Jonathan the sales manager at the Saratoga was great to deal with. He wasn't the actual sales guy. The Saratoga service department took excellent care of the few issues we had. We didn't pick the trailer up until April 2014 so the warranty didn't start until then. The stored the trailer over the winter for free. It was a great buying experience. John in the service department did the walk through and he was great spent a lot of time with us.

By the way Palomino discontinued our model a month after we bought the trailer. I think Forest River is trying to have all of their brands have the same floor plan.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
By the way Palomino discontinued our model a month after we bought the trailer. I think Forest River is trying to have all of their brands have the same floor plan.
Same thing with our floor plan (2013 Aerolite ES 232 hybrid) just the 12' & 13' model year. The 14' model year only has 3 floor-plans. When we bought our first Aerolite hybrid back in 2005 there were 12 hybrid floor-plans. We have a rather long slide in our 2013 26' Aerolite that includes the couch and kitchen (minus frig). I believe they had issues in their longer slides as we have had with ours. I think that is why they only offer two floor-plans with a small couch only slide. I know of at least 2 other with the 2012 & 2013 232ES who have had the same slide issues. They were mis-engineered. Problem is Aerolite or Keystone will not stand behind there product.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #22

So yesterday wife and I went to the dealership to take a second look and when I told the sales guy that we were good with the price lets do the paperwork which was fine at the end I said I'll write you a check for it and we were going to leave it there for the winter he says we don't take checks only credit cards or certified funds....WHAT its not like the unit wouldn't be there for like 6 months. So I had to give him a $500.00 deposit on the cc and mail them a certified check well I guess I am done venting...
vt skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
We did everything by personal check. Had no issues. They stored at Saratoga for the winter.