Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #1

We had a great time....no problems with the WW and the burb did a good job towing the loaded TH.

The Resort was nice with a heated pool and a small lounge that Sue and I utilized a few times.

The downside was an abundance of flies that made being outside at camp no fun at all till nightfall. Also, if you want a fire...bring your own fire pit.

The upside was everyone was super nice, full hookups and great riding out of camp.

Thanks for the recommendation James.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #2

We had a great time....no problems with the WW and the burb did a good job towing the loaded TH.

The Resort was nice with a heated pool and a small lounge that Sue and I utilized a few times.

The downside was an abundance of flies that made being outside at camp no fun at all till nightfall. Also, if you want a fire...bring your own fire pit.

The upside was everyone was super nice, full hookups and great riding out of camp.

Thanks for the recommendation James.

Wes
Old 08-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #3

Wow Wes!!

Glad to see ya back! Great pics...sorry that you had to endure the 817th Wing of our Yucaipa Air Force...

That pic of the up-river shot is to die for...that's 'cool'. Bet you're both just pooped from the outing, but glad you FINALLY got to enjoy the TH...I take it you had a event-free trip?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #4

Sean...thanks,

The whole trip was great.......didn't want to come home.

That pic is Wilson Canyon on the Walker River.....Beautiful place....there's Bighorn Sheep there, but we didn't see any.

And yes...we're pooped but satisfied.

Wes
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #5

Wes,

Looks like an awesome trip... Glad everything went ok with the WW. It's amazing how the bugs can sometimes ruin a trip. Great pictures, glad to have you all back safe and sound.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #6

Thanks Clark,

It was really nice to use the WW after the long wait.

Pulling it with the new 16" wheels and tires was a real pleasure. I hit a 40+ MPH crosswind, and with the Hensley, I couldn't even tell it was windy.

Wes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:53 AM   #7

Hi Wes,

We had a few flies...but they weren't real bad.... We were out of camp much of the day and it was a short trip for us... Friday afternoon to sunday....But those are some nice Pics. We rode out to some big mine when we were there and brought flashlights and did some exploring...it was really cool. The most impressive part of the campground for me was how nice and respectful EVERYONE was....there was no loud music.....I didn't see any dogs off leashes, nobody was racing around the campgrounds on the ATV's, etc. It was amazing. We will definitely go back again (the kids requested it when we were packing up last time).

It's great to see you FINALLY got to take a trip in that 4 month headache of yours.

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #8

Yes, I just discovered WWR, we usually camped in the desert about 3 miles north of there, but this place is great when the wife and kids come along. I am suprised at how quiet the place is at night given how close together everyone is.

There is so much great riding from there. I have used that place as a jumping off point to ride in the Pinenuts, north to Sand Mountian and just recently we did a GREAT ride from there to Bodie CA. Great riding, dirt road, 2 track single track etc and great scenery-desert, forest and above tree line. Had someone meet us in Bodie with lunch and fuel but did not have much time to look around.

The 'ATV curfew' that they have is good and bad. It is nice not having to listen to someone race around camp all night long, but since I only get out to the desert 6 or so times a year I like to ride as much as I can-14 hours/200 miles a day is not unusual. Leaving in the AM before the sun comes up is not bad, but getting back at 10 PM and having to push the bike up the hill to the campground in the dark kind of sucks.
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #9

Hi James,

Thanks again for the recommendation......lots of great riding there. We're also going back again before the end of the year.

The mine you explored was the Ludwig mine. That's a nice ride about 13 miles out of camp following the old Copper Belt Railroad right of way. Our family really enjoyed that ride.

Here's some pics....

I think this hole is probably the mine you explored.

Ghostbuster,

Welcome to irv2.......That ride to Bodie sounds great...did you take the Anchorite Pass road?

We got back into camp around 9:30 one night after a ride and just rode slow and quiet into camp and no one said a thing.

Maybe we'll meet you there someday....what do you ride?

Wes
Old 08-28-2005, 08:21 AM   #10

Wes, looks like you had a great time. It looks like a great place to explore.

How far is the campground from Reno??? Were those silver mines?? Can you post some more pictures, it looks like a ton of fun especially with the pool for the kids.

CUL
Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #11

MP,

The campground is about 85 miles from downtown Reno......a little over 2 hours to drive. The pool was nice and never more then a few people using it.

Those were copper mines. later, they also mined gypsum there.

I didn't take any more pics of the resort, but they have some on their web site as well as more info.

Here are some more pics of the surrounding area.

Wes
Old 08-28-2005, 07:22 PM   #12

Wes,

Looks like too much fun!!!

I definately will have to bring the wife up your way sometime to camp in that area. Glad you and your had such a fun time.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:31 PM   #13

I forgot to post the mandatory PEG pics....Here they are.

Sue, Anthony and Ryan.

MeCheers

Wes
Old 08-30-2005, 05:18 AM   #14

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Wes
some great pictures!
Sometimes it actually takes looking at pics like that for me to remember that there are rivers out there that people camp next to.
I think i've overstayed my allotted time in the desert of SoCal.
Hope that rig of yours worked out well.
After having gone thru all that stuff during its purchase, i almost feel like all of us own it
... and nice family pics too !

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote