Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to redwing1
2012 Voltage 3950

I would like comments from any owners of this vehicle. We like the layout of the the 3950 and are considering a trade. I would like to hear from anyone with experience with the new Schwintek Inwall Slide System.
redwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #2

We bought a 3200 in aug ... So far so good love every thing about it , if I had a bigger truck I too would have a 3950. Happy shopping !!!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #3

Bought a 2012 3795 epic. Im happy with it the slide system, it takes a little getting use to. It seems to work fine. I did have some screws sheer off on the main slide just after delivery but the dealer fixed it quickly and it has been ok so far since they repaired it.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Also it is heavy, mine is 15,600 dry with the options. You will need alot of truck for a Tow Vehicle but you may already be aware of this.

We went with the 3795 because of the King bead and fireplace and so far love the Floor plan.

I gave up on the sony dvd player in the garage, it was just not user freindly. It does play to the garage tv and the outdoor tv so I bought a seperate dvd with a HDMI and pluged the HDMI into the garage TV and the compsite cables from the outdoor TV into the dvd player. Problem solved now it plays to both TV's. I left the sonu in place for the radio.

My only other complaint would be the lack of lighting for the happy jack table. In mine with the top bunk up the lighting is poor for the table at night.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #5

I'm going to mount two thin profile lights by the back door on the wall and plug in at bottom to resolve the light issue on mine... I too don't like the darkness with bunk up
Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyyyy
I'm going to mount two thin profile lights by the back door on the wall and plug in at bottom to resolve the light issue on mine... I too don't like the darkness with bunk up
I added a 12V florescent light above the window left side looking in from back on or 3200 epic. Big difference and easy to wire in using surface mount adhesive backed conduit.
Randot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

This website says you can build it on-line & cheaper...I like the 3795 because of king bed. Anybody know about this site?

Dutchmen RV Dealer Voltage Toy Haulers, Denali Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #8

Voltage 3905

I bought a 3905 a few months ago and am pleased with most everything except the lack of dealer willingness to do warranty repairs. My bad being that I bought it 1200 miles from home. Some small issues like a stuck limit switch on the bed, Lippert was very helpful once I got connected to the correct person. The slides work good now that I have lubricated the runners, I do not operate the large slide unless the TH is level and supported.
Invstr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #9

Fumes

I am a newbie to RVing period. We are interested in the TH's. I also like the Voltage 3795 due to king bed. Today was first day we went looking and no 3795 Voltages available. :(

Does anybody pull toyhauler with golf cart or bikes in garage? I looked at a "used" TH today (not a Voltage) and as soon as I walked in living area I smelled exhaust or gasoline fumes. Are they any problems with fumes in the voltage or are they well sealed/ventilated?

Also if using generator and sitting on porch or in garage with door open, do you smell fumes from generator? If so, anyway to prevent that from happening?

PS-We did get to look at a new 2013 Cyclone King CY 4100. The bedroom has a king bed and was still very roomy and the bathroom was HUGE!!! I measured the king mattress and it was actually 77" w x 84"L. There is washer/dryer set up in closet in bedroom and garage had 1/2 bath. Out of all the models we saw today including a voltage but not the 3795 model...this bed and bath was way bigger....you dont feel closed in at all. Does anyone know if the Heartland Cyclone is a well known/reliable/quality brand?
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #10

Google Heartland Owners Forum, within that forum there is a Cyclone Owners Forum. When I was researching which TH to buy last year, it seemed that several people were complaining of smelling exhaust fumes inside when the genny was running. As far as quality, they are on the same level with Voltage...construction is very similar. Keep in mind Voltage does not use hydraulic anything, all electric, while Cyclone is all hydraulic. I've had both and I prefer hydraulic since it is much faster. It also appears Voltage finally worked out the bugs of their Schwintek slide out system. If you are going to FT, I think you might be disappointed with either trailer, JMHO.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi,
We have 2011 3814 Cyclone, it is a nice RV a few minor issues plumbing related other than that so far so good. We haul HDs and occasionally a 4 Seat UTV with no fume odors, course good common sense dictates you don't run your toys in the garage other than to pull in/out.
The local dealer has repaired the minor issues with no complaints considering I bought elsewhere.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Whoops new thread wanted to reply. Oh well
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to redwing1
Voltage 3950

Been a while since my post looking for info on the Voltage 3950. Ours arrived in February and we have used it almost every weekend thru the spring and summer, just got back from a 2500 mile trip out to the Taylor River in CO. and back to the Norfork River in AR. All I can say is this is a FANTASTIC rig! The usual little nit pickey stuff that the dealer took care of but overall a real pleasure to use. No need for the table in the living room, just move the bed up in the garage and all the kids and grandkids have plenty of room for dining or playing games, wish this had been available two toy haulers ago!
redwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #14

Thumbs down Voltage 3950

I have a 2012 Voltage 3950 and am very disappointed in it!!! Dutchman's warranty is very slow!! Poor craftsmanship and material. It has great features but the quality is very poor!!! In the first year of ownership it has been in the dealer for over 4 mounths and over half of the problems are still not resolved. I took it to the dealer on the 25th of June and just got it back because I need it.. I have missed several of my planned weekends this summer because of it being in the shop. I bought it new thinking I would not have any problems... I quess I should have bought used... at least maybe some of the problems would have been resolved.. I have made a DVD of the issues and am ready to post it on YouTube or seek a lawyer if not resolved soon!!! If anyone has a way to help with these issues other than threats of a law suit I will be glad to listen. Is there a lemon law like on vehicles??

Other than that I do have a Youtube channel that has several videos pertaining to my hobby.. So if you are interested in old stationary engines,steam engines, tractors and farm equipment here is a link: Pileofiron
TheNewFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote