Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream71 View Post
Great to hear you got a ladder. Definitely needed. I also wish mine had a porch light.

My tires are called "Vail Sport Radial ST" 235/80R 16. Definitely Chinese made, but most camper tires are. I check pressures before every trip, and put 303 Aerospace Protectant on them often to prevent sun damage. My tires are nitrogen filled and they seem to hold pressure better than others.
Ours came with the same tires. Seems like Cruiser made another change as well. The floorboard in the slide does not fold up! They moved the tie-downs towards the middle of the trailer a bit.
JParcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #72

Where's the bypass?
Old 10-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #73

I'm happy to report that our trip from our home in Northern Utah to Lava Hot Springs Idaho, I experienced no sway issues. I did raise the L brackets on my equalizer hitch before I left, because there was some slop when the sway bars were in place.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post
Where's the bypass?
On the left side. You can't see the valve in my photo, but you can't miss it.
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:36 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream71 View Post
On the left side. You can't see the valve in my photo, but you can't miss it.
Thanks!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #76

We will be picking up our new 2912 in a couple of weeks from Camping World. They said they offer some sort of interior and exterior protection stuff. I don't know how much it costs and I didn't go in to details at the time. I'm wondering if what they are offering is just an expensive coat of spray on wax and scotch guard. Is it something you all had done to your units or can I just purchase a good uv protection wax and do this myself.
gtskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #77

You can always buy something yourself and DIY, but is your time worth it?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtskinner View Post
We will be picking up our new 2912 in a couple of weeks from Camping World. They said they offer some sort of interior and exterior protection stuff. I don't know how much it costs and I didn't go in to details at the time. I'm wondering if what they are offering is just an expensive coat of spray on wax and scotch guard. Is it something you all had done to your units or can I just purchase a good uv protection wax and do this myself.
It's a protective coating. It usually lasts 5 years. Most dealers charge $1000.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #79

Quote:
Congratulations! We bought ours last month and got it out once before I winterized it. We absolutely love it! What will you be using to pull it?
Old 11-06-2015, 06:19 AM   #80

I have never seen a "five year coating."
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #81

Let me rephrase that. The warranty is good for 5 years.
😀
Old 11-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post
Congratulations! We bought ours last month and got it out once before I winterized it. We absolutely love it! What will you be using to pull it?
Well, we HAVE a Ford F-150, but we are BUYING a Dodge Ram 2500. The camper will be here in about 2 weeks but the truck won't be in for about 4-6 weeks. In the mean time we are trying to sell the Ford.
gtskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #83

Quote:
Well, we HAVE a Ford F-150, but we are BUYING a Dodge Ram 2500. The camper will be here in about 2 weeks but the truck won't be in for about 4-6 weeks. In the mean time we are trying to sell the Ford.
Good choice! I have an 05 Ram 2500 cummins and it tows our Stryker like a champ!
Old 11-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #84

Quote:
Good choice to upgrade trucks...you would be miserable and unsafe pulling that rig with a 1/2 ton. Too much weight, drag and wall area.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote