Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
I didn't even know about the Stryker until I saw this thread. That is weird for sure. The gvw on the Stryker is even more than the Torque.
Very interesting indeed sir. The only real differences I saw was the location of the generator and the T29 didn't have a kicker sound system.
JParcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #142

Has anyone experienced problems with the fridge? Mine has had issues a couple times now where it wont go below 50 degrees. Also is anyone's steps really wobbly. I feel like my steps are going to fall off.
Shawn0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn0025 View Post
Has anyone experienced problems with the fridge? Mine has had issues a couple times now where it wont go below 50 degrees. Also is anyone's steps really wobbly. I feel like my steps are going to fall off.
We had experienced a fridge that was warmer than usual. Inside the fridge, you'll see the slider on the vanes to control the temperature. When you slide it up to the colder position, ensure that the wire that is clipped inside hasn't slid down to the bottom of the bracket. The thermostat is connected to the top of this wire and make sure it is at the top of the bracket. It slips down occasionally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Temp control.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	136431  
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post
Apparently the ones coming out now don't. My dealer told me that Cruiser upgraded the cabinetry and made the ladder an option. However, the check list that came with our trailer from Cruiser RV not only has it listed, but it's been checked off as being included! My dealer is working on it, we'll see what happens!
We purchased a 2016 2912 and our dealer told us it was a liability issue and they were not selling the ladders any longer. He wanted us to by a $100 one form them. I am very frustrated about that!
je2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #145

Sorry to hear about that! Our dealer ended up giving us one!
Old 01-31-2017, 12:55 PM   #146

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream71 View Post
Congratulations! We love our 2912.
Just wanted to reach out and see how the Stryker toy hauler was doing. I am new at this, and just about to buy the Stryker 3010 toy hauler. Trying to read all I can about them, and I saw you had several informative posts. Thanks
Newmar2788
newmar2788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmar2788 View Post
Just wanted to reach out and see how the Stryker toy hauler was doing. I am new at this, and just about to buy the Stryker 3010 toy hauler. Trying to read all I can about them, and I saw you had several informative posts. Thanks
Newmar2788
Still liking our 2912. It has been stored away for the winter, so haven't seen it for a few months.

One thing about forums, people use them often to criticize problems they are having, leading one to believe a particular make and model is not a good choice. We have owned 4 RV's, and have had minor issues with them all. It's the way it is in the industry.

Do your research, and choose what fits your needs. I believe the most important thing is choosing a floor plan that you like. Before taking delivery, inspect the unit as closely as you can. Make sure you aren't getting a "lemon".

We had no warranty issues, and our Stryker is going on two years old. Works well for us! Good luck!
Jetstream71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #148

Just bought a left over '16 Stryker 2512. Chose it over the Forrest river XLR Hyperlite. Was looking at it for awhile. Got it from camping world which this location is no longer carrying the Stryker because they got a better deal with the XLRs. One of the salesman printed off the training manual for the Strykers which goes into detail on the construction (marine grade tongue and groove plywood floors, aluminum wall framing, and aluminum roof framing). I believe mine is later production because it has the porch light and has west lake tires (not the brand listed in previous post) also did not come with a bunk ladder (kept the one out of my old toy hauler that I traded). Paid $29k for it. Has all options and gave me a 5 year warranty with it and gave me a good price on my trade. Gonna pull it with my 2014 Ram 1500 eco diesel. Can't wait to use it.
Ningals3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #149

Sounds Like a Good Deal

I know you will like the Stryker 2512. The only thing that bothers us is not being able to walk around the bed. If that is what we really wanted meant for us to purchase a larger trailer and a bigger truck to pull it with. I purposely purchased the 1500 ecodiesel so I would have to limit the size of the trailer I could purchase. That being said the trailer looks like some sort of mountain chasing the truck down the road. It is a very large trailer that provides ample room for all of us and my quad Can-Am Maverick Max. I have never owned a trailer like this before but I can tell you it pulls real easy down the road. I am told its because of the larger tires and the added suspension it has over competitive trailers. I get around 12 mpg while towing the trailer full of gear and my family. Even though there still is snow around me I have just booked our first camping trip for the year. Good Luck and enjoy.
sparkyonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningals3223 View Post
Just bought a left over '16 Stryker 2512. Chose it over the Forrest river XLR Hyperlite. Was looking at it for awhile. Got it from camping world which this location is no longer carrying the Stryker because they got a better deal with the XLRs. One of the salesman printed off the training manual for the Strykers which goes into detail on the construction (marine grade tongue and groove plywood floors, aluminum wall framing, and aluminum roof framing). I believe mine is later production because it has the porch light and has west lake tires (not the brand listed in previous post) also did not come with a bunk ladder (kept the one out of my old toy hauler that I traded). Paid $29k for it. Has all options and gave me a 5 year warranty with it and gave me a good price on my trade. Gonna pull it with my 2014 Ram 1500 eco diesel. Can't wait to use it.
Congratulations! We have a 2016 Stryker 2912 and absolutely live it!
Old 02-14-2017, 02:48 AM   #151

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningals3223 View Post
I will be ordering a Stryker 2916 in a couple of weeks. Any chance of getting a copy of that Stryker training manual. I can't really find much information on how their built. Enjoy your new Stryker.
newmar2788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:09 AM   #152

Stryker has a lot of room for big toys

Big Can-Am Maverick Max leaving the back of my Stryker 2512.
sparkyonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #153

2017 Stryker 3010

Picking my new STG
3010 up on Friday. I looked at all the toyhaulers out there in the 7-8k weight range and stryker seems to be best bang for the buck. Coming off a 2016 coachmen blast toyhauler which was nothing but trouble. Hope the stryker holds up!

Jer
jerite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #154

Congratulations! You'll have to post some pics!