Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #1

2021 Dutchmen Rv Voltage 4195 opinions?

Still searching for our retirement toy hauler. We found this one for sale locally: 2021 Dutchmen Rv Voltage 4195. It's at Bish's RV and they want $85k which seems to be the going street price. Seems OK quality wise. We like the floor plan, not our first choice but we can make it work. Does anyone have any experience with Dutchman? Thanks in advance.
watssm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2021, 02:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by watssm1 View Post
Still searching for our retirement toy hauler. We found this one for sale locally: 2021 Dutchmen Rv Voltage 4195. It's at Bish's RV and they want $85k which seems to be the going street price. Seems OK quality wise. We like the floor plan, not our first choice but we can make it work. Does anyone have any experience with Dutchman? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2013 voltage 3905, bought it for a good deal used so I couldn't pass it up, but for the price you're paying I'd look elsewhere. I'm not impressed with the quality of my build. If I was spending that much I would get something a little older and more quality built lie Luxe, DRV, ATC etc.
Tbrownski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watssm1 View Post
When we were looking for a toy hauler we looked at the Voltage line. There was a dealer in Ohio who carried it and we seen it on their website. We went and looked at it and started comparing it to about 3 other brands they carried.
We looked some other dealers and compared the Voltage, Momentum, Cyclone, Road Warrior, Fuzion and a couple of others. We finally ruled each out and decided on the Road Warrior 427RW for us. By looking on what we wanted and what each would do for us. Like the Momentum would not add a residential fridge, Voltage did not have a tub in the main bath, and so items like these is what made our final decision for us on the Road Warrior. It took us about 10 months of looking before deciding on our unit.
I think what made us decided against the Voltage line was the sales was dropping because of a stagnate design and they were trying to redesign at the time. Plus some dealers were closing their doors that sold the Voltage line that were close to where we used to live.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:55 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I looked at the same unit and a Dutchman Sales person talked me out of it.
He flat out said the Dutchman line isn't as good as it used to be.

Check out the Heartland Cyclone 4005
It's a similar layout but has a nice long couch to lay on
Quality is WAY better although no trailers are "great"
I have a 2020 that I may decide to sell if I buy the land I found, but not yet.
1CoolZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:54 AM   #5

When we began our search several months ago we discarded a Voltage due to the experiences of some close friends. They had either a 2011 or 2012 model they purchased new and had tons of issues the first few years, including all the leather furniture flaking apart. Zero help from manufacturer.

We ended up with a Heartland Cyclone. Hit me up with a private message and I can give you additional details about our purchase. It wasn't even close to MSRP.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CoolZ71 View Post
I looked at the same unit and a Dutchman Sales person talked me out of it.
He flat out said the Dutchman line isn't as good as it used to be.

Check out the Heartland Cyclone 4005
It's a similar layout but has a nice long couch to lay on
Quality is WAY better although no trailers are "great"
I have a 2020 that I may decide to sell if I buy the land I found, but not yet.
If Dutchman isn't as good as it used to be it must really be junk now. They used to be a lower end so I'd avoid it. I bought a Keystone Raptor based on a previous ownership of one and features vs pricing. For $85K you can do much better than Dutchman.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote