Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #1

$57k too much?

What's a good price on a new toy hauler?
JJSureshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #2

If you provide the details of the rig, folks are sure to chime in.
Make, model, year, length, condition, etc will help out a lot.

Happy trails!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #3

^^^^^Good answer!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Determine what you want and get the best internet price you can find, anywhere. Check BBB and any other resources you can find, about said dealer. Add the cost of shipping it to your location. Then go to your local dealer with this information in hand. It saved me about 5K over the initial best price from my dealer.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #5

Oops my bad.

It's a new Road Warrior 310 which is a double axle.

You can see it on the Chesapeake RV Solutions website but I don't have a link since I'm on my phone.
JJSureshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds a little high to me. Doing a quick search, here is one with dual AC's, genny, 4-door fridge, dual bunks, etc., for 49,750. Not sure if it has everything you are looking for.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #7

Best deal

Times are getting tough again for dealers. They were really hurting back in '10, then things got better, now they're swinging the other way again so you should be able to get a decent deal if you work at it, but you have to be hard core and don't be afraid to walk if the deal is not to your liking. This is what I did, and it worked out very well. First off, DON't be swayed by bells and whistles...DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Research the mfg. quality, and find a floor plan you like, then get on line and find dealers in multiple states that have that unit. Do a bit of research on them also to make sure they have a good reputation, then work the dealers against each other on the phone. Believe it or not, you can do everything by phone. Once you get your best deal, take trip to that local and pick it up. Make a vacation out of it. I was getting ready to retire and bail out of CA. I found the rig I wanted in three states, NV, AZ, and MO. After working them all against each other, I decided on the rig in MO. I got a 67k rig for 51k, plus made them throw in the hitch, a different set of tires, AND a $3k extended warr. We drove to MO to pick it up (as long as you have it out of MO in 30 days there's no sales tax), then hauled it to our new state of residence, SD, to pay the use tax. Again, don't walk into one dealership with your mind set on one particular rig that they have in stock. A good salesman can read you like a book and he'll get you. SIDE NOTE: Be cautious about buying a rig that's been on sitting on a lot in salt air or heavy snow, and look at the mfg. date on the side of the tires. It'll read like "0612" (sixth week of 2012). You do not want tires that are two years old or more. Good luck
RetiredFPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSureshot View Post
Oops my bad.

It's a new Road Warrior 310 which is a double axle.

You can see it on the Chesapeake RV Solutions website but I don't have a link since I'm on my phone.

Your best bet is go to RV Wholesalers and build the unit with the options you want. They will email you a quote, usually about 25-30% off MSRP. Then take that quote to your local dealer. They will say absolutely not, but just keep at them. Eventually you will get them close. How close depends on your distance from the manufacturer. RVW is very close so low shipping. If you are far then your dealer has to pass along the shipping charge. What they don't have to do is charge any more for the unit. I've done this a few times and gotten to within 1k of RVW. It just takes patience. Remember, MSRP on trailers means nothing. My current rig had a MSRP of 20k+ over what I paid for it. Again, a good deal is about 25-30% off MSRP. Some guys have posted doing even better than that. My last one was 28% off.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Your best bet is go to RV Wholesalers and build the unit with the options you want. They will email you a quote, usually about 25-30% off MSRP. Then take that quote to your local dealer. They will say absolutely not, but just keep at them. Eventually you will get them close. How close depends on your distance from the manufacturer. RVW is very close so low shipping. If you are far then your dealer has to pass along the shipping charge. What they don't have to do is charge any more for the unit. I've done this a few times and gotten to within 1k of RVW. It just takes patience. Remember, MSRP on trailers means nothing. My current rig had a MSRP of 20k+ over what I paid for it. Again, a good deal is about 25-30% off MSRP. Some guys have posted doing even better than that. My last one was 28% off.
That's exactly what I did. Got quotes from them and Holman RV in Elkhart. My local dealer matched their price + shipping. Going to Elkhart wasn't an option for me and I was able to test load my Mule in the unit before I bought. I had concerns of whether it would fit in the garage.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #10

Also remember that your depreciation on a new unit will be almost half as soon as you drive it off the lot. Make sure you like it and will get good use out of it or it's just like the one armed bandit taking all your money.

Rod
lappir is offline   Reply With Quote