Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #99

Well......It's finally time to put this thread to bed.

Yesterday, we went to the dealer to pick up the WW. We went through our second PDI, and gave the Hensley hitch to the service department to install. After a while, the service tech comes and tells us that the hitch won't fit......the LPG tanks are in the way. Aarrrgghh.

We decide the best solution is to remove the tank mount, and raise it using 5" box channel.

Here we go again.........back home without the WW.

This afternoon we go back to the dealer, and the mod looks great.....sign the papers....and finally after 154 days since we ordered.....haul the WW home....She's officially ours.

I want to thank everyone again for your advice and especially your support.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #100

Wes Congratulations. That is great news. Now as Sean would say, where's the pics with the poop eating grins? Happy for you man

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #101

Wes-

Ahhhhhh. Finally...It's about time. Congrats and enjoy!

Deb & Rod
Old 08-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #102

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Yea!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #103

Wow Wes!!! 154 days?! Has it been THAT long (sure it seems longer to you!).

For Gawd's sake...congrats guy...proud owner (a.k.a. Poop-Eatin' Grin) pics are now the subject at hand...you better put some on here soon!!

So you got your Eagle's, and the Goodyears (?), and you're on your way....just seems like yesterday we were we were upheaving the whole RV community over your predicament, ey?

Glad it's put to bed (for your sake)...are ya gonna sleep tonight in it?

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #104

Thanks everyone.......It was to dark for PEG pics when we got home, so I'll take and post some tomorrow.

Sean...I have the wheels, but still don't have the new tires.....gonna do that tomorrow too.....I want to test fit the wheels before I mount any tires.......just in case.

Wes
Old 08-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #105

Wes:

Glad to see at least you've taken her home...that's certainly a good sign! Let us know how the tire thing goes, OK?

So...just what kinda mods have YOU got planned? There's no shortage of any here! (You got to bless your lucky starts that Howie's out-and-about right now!).

PEG (thanks for the synonym HD!) Pics, everyone- PEG pics!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #106

Sean,

The first mod is to install the XM radio. I bought the install kit for our old burb and never put it in. Our new burb has a factory XM radio, so I don't need it for that. The next will be the Directv sat system and a DVD player. The next one is necessary because of the first three...another deep cycle battery.

Wes
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #107

SAT system is a good first mod....whatdayagonna do for the dish? I suggest the Kingdome...piece o cake, and so much better than the crank-em-up&down units...

Second...batteries- just gonna add the second one? How 'bout inverter?

Too bad we're miles apart, otherwise I'd love to spend your money...lots to do, and just take a que from Griz...a bunch of trips to the home improvement store (of your choice) to stock her up!

Ooooo..the fun has just begun...
Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #108

I'm just going to use an extra dish I have for now. I looked at the Kingdome dish at the dealer...very nice.

I got the inverter with the coach so that's one mod WW did for me.

Your right Sean....now the fun begins.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #109

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well......It's finally time to put this thread to bed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you kidding me...after 154 days, we aint puttin' this one to sleep, this one helped change the way that a LOT of people evaluate their toyhaulers, it helped change one of the industry manufacturer leaders, ...
... and well,..me? .... I'm going to go light a few candles at the 'Sacred Mother of RV Chapel' on the way home from work tonite in thankfullness.

If i had lit a candle or two every one of these past days, well Clark and Phatty would be hearing them alarm sirens goin' off back at command headquarters right about now.
Its a wonderful day indeed. Now i understand that Sean has rightfully requested those Poop Eatin' Grin shots of you and your kin standing' around out in front of your rig.
This is one of our few joys here..
CONGRATS,
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #110

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:

... and well,..me? .... I'm going to go light a few candles at the 'Sacred Mother of RV Chapel' on the way home from work tonite in thankfullness.

If i had lit a candle or two every one of these past days, well Clark and Phatty would be hearing them alarm sirens goin' off back at command headquarters right about now.
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for laugh and the congrats Mike.

Wes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #111

That's our Fatty!!

This is what makes iRV2 IMHO....Wes- there's lettin' off of this soon! You've shown us a lot of painstaking fortitude that, knowing all the other venues you've used, we need to learn by. It is with THIS particular post that I [klink] you, and hope to meet each other way before Moab...

You dun good there Maynard!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You dun good there Maynard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Right on there Puppy!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote