Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #15

Post up some pics of what you ended up with!
daxxruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
The new 2015 DRV Fullhouse looks good.....didn't care much for the previous years but the new models look good.

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:15 AM   #17

Yeah, that DRV Full House looks really good, but I wasn't able to find any pricing that anyone would show on the web.
They must be one of those "if you have to ask how much - you probably can't afford it" deals... And there is no way I am going to give one of those land-sharks my email address or phone number so they can hound me for a sale...
Old 12-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #18

I seen an MSRP of 154k on one .
cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
That's not that bad!
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I just saw in Trailer Life, the starting MSRP on the Fullhouse was $185K, and it is 46' long with a GVWR of 24,000#.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #21

That's a pretty darned big and pricey box Frank... While my truck would probably drag it without a whimper, I would hate to ever have to take it off the pavement... That kind of weght is going to need some pretty big and wide tires to keep it from sinking half-ways to China.. I have seen one other 4 axle trailer and this may have qualified for the need of the same thing..
So - with the name of this rig being Full House, I wonder how long it's going to take someone to come up with a Royal Flush?
Old 12-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Big-Foot,
It is only a 3 axle unit, too big for my blood. I am 47' total length now, I wouldn't want to add 16' to my length. You couldn't stop at just any campgrounds, not enough room to maneuver.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #23

I was all over the map between the AMP XLR, the Cyclone, the Voltage, and the Raptor. In the end the biggest problem wasn't so much the unit, but rather what CGs it will work in. We decided to look for a unit 40' and under and the Gran Design Momentum 350M seems to work coming in at 39'.

For us the big must-haves are 2nd lav, WD hookups, 18 CU fridge, and not having to turn my head 90 deg to watch TV. What I don't like is that you can't sit up in bed (poor design/ engineering there, some wood trim thingy in the way of a proper headboard). But considering you get a sub 14,000 lb (dry) unit, with a second lav and come in at under 40' with a 11' garage, to me the Momentum 350M seems to be the best of all worlds. We have a final price agreed to so hopefully by the end of Jan we'll be in that new unit.

We just finished a 5 month trip in a 34' FW. Wedging that thing into CGs proved to be a real challenge on the West Coast. IMO, the nicer CGs just haven't kept pace with the size increases that new FWs and RVs are about these days. It's less the space than it is the lack of reasonable maneuvering room and all the low hanging limbs. The 39' footer will be a harder but still doable. The 42-44' THs just won't work in more than 50% of the CGs we like to visit.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptgregger View Post
I was all over the map between the AMP XLR, the Cyclone, the Voltage, and the Raptor. In the end the biggest problem wasn't so much the unit, but rather what CGs it will work in. We decided to look for a unit 40' and under and the Gran Design Momentum 350M seems to work coming in at 39'.

For us the big must-haves are 2nd lav, WD hookups, 18 CU fridge, and not having to turn my head 90 deg to watch TV. What I don't like is that you can't sit up in bed (poor design/ engineering there, some wood trim thingy in the way of a proper headboard). But considering you get a sub 14,000 lb (dry) unit, with a second lav and come in at under 40' with a 11' garage, to me the Momentum 350M seems to be the best of all worlds. We have a final price agreed to so hopefully by the end of Jan we'll be in that new unit.

We just finished a 5 month trip in a 34' FW. Wedging that thing into CGs proved to be a real challenge on the West Coast. IMO, the nicer CGs just haven't kept pace with the size increases that new FWs and RVs are about these days. It's less the space than it is the lack of reasonable maneuvering room and all the low hanging limbs. The 39' footer will be a harder but still doable. The 42-44' THs just won't work in more than 50% of the CGs we like to visit.
You made a heck of a nice choice congrats have you found the facebook page on Grand Design?
cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote