Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #1

Was up at Sand Mt., NV last weekend. . . couldn't believe all the big trailers! Used to be an 18' drailer was small. . . I think the FS2600 WW Trailers are now the small trailers in the area. . .

Was in my buds trailer (WWLE3505) Friday night watching a movie and the big rigs just kept on coming in.

Will the LE3505 be the small trailer in camp in a few years?

I guess the good news is no one gave me a hard time for the size of my trailer. . .
DuneMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #2

Was up at Sand Mt., NV last weekend. . . couldn't believe all the big trailers! Used to be an 18' drailer was small. . . I think the FS2600 WW Trailers are now the small trailers in the area. . .

Was in my buds trailer (WWLE3505) Friday night watching a movie and the big rigs just kept on coming in.

Will the LE3505 be the small trailer in camp in a few years?

I guess the good news is no one gave me a hard time for the size of my trailer. . .
Old 10-25-2006, 07:07 PM   #3

Sure looks like it DM! Seems as though there's more toys these days, and gotta get 'em to their playground(s).

We started in a tent trailer (well, actually tents), migrated up to a 28' TT, to a 37' WW SLC3705, and now the monster 40 foot SLC. Even though we've never been a CG group, there's times when it would be nice, but we're limited. No big deal. Unfortunaely, the gov't moves a little slower when it comes to providing CGs that will accomodate the larger rigs- that's why the desert is still our favorite.

And NOBODY will give you a hard time- nor shouldn't- at least you're out enjoying the RV life- that's what we're all about!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #4

I sure hope not I have an LE3505 and don't want to tow anything bigger.....Unless I win the LOTTO

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
I sure hope not I have an LE3505 and don't want to tow anything bigger.....Unless I win the LOTTO

Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your'e just a Rhino away!

Seems like that's about all it will take for people to move up to the next size trailer.

The Mt. has a lot more rails on it these days. . . I'm sure the trend will continue so, larger trailers are here to stay.

CG (Oh. . . Camp Ground. . . what's that?) You mean the Walmart Parking Lot?

We are definitely desert campin' types. Enjoyed the Yosemite trip with the old FT2200. . . that ain't gonna happen with this rig!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #6

I will be moving up for my next trailer.
The LE3905 will be standard in 08, so I will order one of those and add on 4'. When the kids need bigger quads, I need more room.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 PM   #7

Good to hear they are making it standard. . . I'm sure the price will be more reasonable.

Obviously, WW recognized that market.

Wow Linc. . . another 4' !!!

Is it "Little-Man Syndrom" or just too many toys

I'll be watching to see how you do on the sale of the rig. Not planning on upgrading any time soon. . . we absolutely love this trailer. . . never felt this way about the old trailer.

Last weekend we all loaded our trailers up Saturday night so we could hit the road home early Sunday. . . Was awesome. . . went into the bedroom, took a shower and watched a movie. . . no junk in the way. . . everything loaded in the back but, the bedroom was clear of clutter.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:59 AM   #8

I am short.... but it is too many toys. As the kids get bigger, they will want bigger quads. I am out of room.

I have 2 people that want to buy my trailer from me right now!!!!!
I told them they have to wait until I get one of those new F450's first before I get a bigger trailer.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #9

When i went to pick up my le3305 with flipped axles, i ask my self what the heck did i order ??, looks gi-mugus, Now it gets dwarfed by the SLC'S and LE'S plus 4
KNUCKLEHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy, am I glad I don't have to worry about those "big rigs".
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #11

Noticed a Full Throttle and an SLC (I think) 39'er. . . storage place is going to need some longer spaces if this keeps up!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #12

Yea I think 40 footers Is the normal these days, with this In mind I think they will continue to grow to about 45' and level off at 45' for awhile. I know some people will order special built units bigger than that, but 45' Is more than enough for most people.
Fords-R-Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #13

On our way to family for Thanksgiving, passed a couple 5ers. . . both at least 35'ers.

The trucks keep getting better for towing these rigs. Makes it even easier to go big.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:02 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are planning to go smaller as soon as we get the house completed and move out of the 5er. The big trailer has been great for living, but it is not what we want or need to enjoy camping. We have had to pass up some wonderful campgrounds since we are too large.

28 to 30' seems right for us.

RV's seem to have gone the way of the so called "starter home". Folks now think they have to have a minimum of 3000 sq.ft. for a first home and they are looking at 35' and up for a first RV.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote