Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WW, if you get a chance to go run at Calif Speedway, go have fun. I wish I could be there with you. Enjoy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well why can't you Tom ???
we got to get you to work in a SoCal "Tech" meeting for your company or something like that pretty soon... we'll hit all the tracks around here...put a blower on Sean's F350, something like that ...
when you going to think about it at least ???
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">put a blower on Sean's F350 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FD, All I can say is: I want to see this!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:22 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Hey, I've made 9 hot laps at Texas motor speedway. At about 130 down the front straight you get into the turn 1 and accelerate into turn 2, then carry the speed into the back straightaway, then carry the speed down the back straight at around 170 and go for the 3rd and 4th turn, then hang it out for the straight. Thats when you're driving a stock corvette! The race cars are going a lot faster.

WW, if you get a chance to go run at Calif Speedway, go have fun. I wish I could be there with you. Enjoy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey buddy...I'm not quite sure because I haven't checked my United premier account is a long time, but if I could fly you out here, would you come? I'd love nothing more than have you here when I run...heck...I'm sure you could give me some pointers!

And that 130 stuff? try 160! At least that's what I've been told...I think someone's gotta put about a 20lb weight on my left foot to do that, but...what the heck?!

I've heard that the Richard Petty guys tell you to point to the wall, then let the steering wheel turn ya. Now, if that doesn't work as planned, I will personally post some pics of my stained underwear here in iRV2! Complete with wall-"stains"!

It's gonna be so much fun...one week before our Phoenix race trip..so we can slather ourselves in memories before the next-to-last race of the NNC year.

You game?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey, I don't know when you're talking about but if the time and all was right I'd be happy to do it. What a ride! and they're right, when you drive uphill on the banking, you have to drive straight and uphill, unless you are running over 70MPH. It takes at least that to stay up on the banking. When I was running at Texas World at College station with their 37 degree banking, all you could see out the windscreen in the banking was the top right of the windshield, the doors of the Corvette was sucked out about an inch from the roof, I was carrying about 180 through the banking, then it was down into the front straight that had about 9 degrees banking, what a ride! Reminds me of a roller coaster. The feel of coming off the banking and dropping down onto the front straight was like something else. Foot flat on the floor, engine peaked, god, what a ride. You know, I looked at all the Faces and no, there isn't one to do it justice.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #19

Wow...sounds like that was quite a ride!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You know, I looked at all the Faces and no, there isn't one to do it justice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Tom...we need both a "Poop-Eatin' Grin" one, or a "Poop-Relieving" one, ey?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote